Is there a spawn command in Gehn

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Is there a spawn command in Gehn

Postby philipgr » Thu May 22, 2014 9:17 am

Good evening

I hope I am not getting myself into deep trouble for asking this question: does Gehn have a spawn command? The reason I am asking is that I am stuck in Ahnonay and cannot complete the age. I have got all the Relto pages. I cannot get into the fourth age because to do so I need someone's help. I have the same problem in MOULa and TOC. I live in South Africa so when I am in Gehn etc I am usually the only explorer there because everyone in the US is still at work. At the weekends I have stayed up until 0300 (GMT + 2) where there have been people in the cavern. I feel rather awkward about bothering them because some are stock still and unmoving, others are standing on the map board and unreahable areas in Ae'gura. I have watched a few explorers trying to get to what to me looks like unreachable places. I do not want to ask them for help because they would have to get off there. It would be rude of me if it took them a long time to get there. I have also seen explorers floating in mid air like Yoda.

So I was thinking if I could spawn to the first journey cloth in the chair room my problem would be solved. I would like to get to K'veer and Myst. The other reason is I do not want to keep bothering other explorers when I go into freefall when using the transport chair which also happened to me a few times in Uru CC. Ahnonay can be buggy and unpredictable when undertaking the chair journey to Kadish' observation room. I have even wound up stuck in a ceiling rotating like I am on a roundabout. I always feel awkward repeatedly asking for help.

Regards
Philip :( :( :( :(
MOULa KI#24852041
TOC KI#00320847
Gehn KI#00252463
DI KI#00274303
UAM KI#00149988
philipgr

Re: Is there a spawn command in Gehn

Postby Acorn » Thu May 22, 2014 10:28 am

I understand your reluctance to ask for help, given your connection problems, but don't be too reticent. When we get Gehn 20, expected for early June, there may be a surge in people playing, but for the time being, the best thing may be to use these forums to say when you'll be online looking for help.
Acorn

Postby Annabelle » Thu May 22, 2014 11:13 am

philipgr wrote:So I was thinking if I could spawn to the first journey cloth in the chair room my problem would be solved. I would like to get to K'veer and Myst. The other reason is I do not want to keep bothering other explorers when I go into freefall when using the transport chair which also happened to me a few times in Uru CC. Ahnonay can be buggy and unpredictable when undertaking the chair journey to Kadish' observation room. I have even wound up stuck in a ceiling rotating like I am on a roundabout. I always feel awkward repeatedly asking for help.

I won't repeat what Acorn told (... which is right ;) )

I'll talk about the /spawn command and the chair issue.

Chair issue:
Do you remember a discussion on MOULa's forum board about your poor connection and the latency? I might mix some discussions here but I remember that I told you about 2 Gahreesen issues concerning the subworlds and then Henry Mikel came and added something I didn't know about: the latency. This is exactly what is occuring in your case since the chair is another subworld sorry... :(.

Go and re-read this discussion to refresh your memory: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=27185

/spawn command:
The access of special commands like /spawn or /jump or /float etc... is controlled by the shard's admins. For Gehn, the shard's admins decided to block them for reason they judge right. If you want to play on a MOUL environment with more freedom, you can always play on TOC MOUL which enables such commands.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Thu May 22, 2014 11:59 am

Annabelle wrote:he access of special commands like /spawn or /jump or /float etc... is controlled by the shard's admins.

These commands do not exist at all in the Gehn client.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Annabelle » Thu May 22, 2014 4:39 pm

One of Gehn shard's admins, Tsar Hoikas wrote:These commands do not exist at all in the Gehn client.

So that's a mighty good reason why we cannot access them ;) .

I always thought they were just hidden for the normal users, disabled I mean. One thing for sure, there's a way that you guys can do more marvels than us; I'm simply thinking on how you make us travel to "special purpose" ages when you set an event on your shard.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby philipgr » Sat May 31, 2014 5:55 am

Hi Acorn

In reference to yr comment about understanding my reluctance to ask for help. Last night/this morning I had an experience in MOULa which on the one hand enforces my reluctance. On the other hand on Wednesday evening I was in MOULa roaming around the Ferry Terminal when I bumped into another traveller. To keep a long story short he offered to help me with my Ahnonay 4th sphere problem which I greatly appreciated. I found that the sharing books process is rather complicated.

Now to my issue last night/this morning I was in the Tokatah Courtyard when a fellow explorer linked in and asked for help. He approached me and just said 'Relto' and stuck his Relto book in my face. I then linked to his relto and went inside. All he said was 'Book'. I asked him which book. I received no response which was when I began to realize he was not proficient in English. I noticed his Ae'gura's book's tab was up. I then opened it and saw that the link picture was a swirling black like you get if you open yr Relto book in a Bahro cave or if you go from Kadish gallery to Kadish. I did not get any response to my suggestions, he just linked out.

I then linkied back to Ae'gura and found him back there once again asking for help. Most of the explorerers there initially ignored him. I then asked all of them for help and explained what his problem was. One of them asked me if it was caused by a 'magibot creeper'. To which I responded I did not know. At this point he mentioned Brasil. I got the impression that the other explorers thought that this was a huge joke and very funny. I did not. Here is a guy desperately looking for help and not getting it. Frankly I was not impressed and the whole incident spoiled my evening/morning. He eventually managed to get someonelse to go with him. I was just killing time waiting for the Neglihan portal to appear.

Later a lady explorer linked in and asked for help with her pellet problem, which I did. It made my evening a little better. Someone also offered to help and then said I could take it. It was nice that someone also offered to help.

Pse accept my appollogies for a long post. This incident has left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. I still need assistance to drop my pellet. This incident just makes me more reluctant. Hopefully I will run into the lady I helped so I can ask her to help me. I added him to my buddies list. I think it is poor form to make fun of someone how is asking for help especially when the home language of some explorers is not English.

I have a request: Is there anyone on this forum who speaks Portugese and can maybe assist him. I have his explorer name and MOULa KI number. If I ruffle some feathers and get into trouble over this post, so be it. I am not inferring nor do I think that all explorers are unhelpful and behave in this way. I have met some very nice people and received help from nice folks like yourself and Annabelle.

Regards
Philip :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
MOULa KI#24852041
TOC KI#00320847
Gehn KI#00252463
DI KI#00274303
UAM KI#00149988
philipgr

Postby kaeebonrai » Sat May 31, 2014 7:19 am

I think your post is fine - but I have to wonder why its posted here, in this thread (about the Gehn Shard), and not on the MO:UL forums (after all, it was on the MO:ULagain shard) - where it'd be more relevant. XD

And... yeah... sometimes people aren't too helpful. =/
kaeebonrai

Postby philipgr » Sat May 31, 2014 8:14 am

I have posted a few comments on the MOULA form and they refer me here,
MOULa KI#24852041
TOC KI#00320847
Gehn KI#00252463
DI KI#00274303
UAM KI#00149988
philipgr

Postby philipgr » Sat May 31, 2014 8:18 am

They alwats refer my queries here.
MOULa KI#24852041
TOC KI#00320847
Gehn KI#00252463
DI KI#00274303
UAM KI#00149988
philipgr

Postby Acorn » Sat May 31, 2014 8:20 am

Hi, Philipgr, since your original post was about needing help in Gehn (with passing references to MOULa and TOC), it was posted in the right place. But, as Kae says, if what you're now looking for is a Portuguese speaker in MOULa, you're more likely to get a response from the MOULa forums http://mystonline.com/forums/index.php There are a lot of international players and some expert linguists - and there is an active International Hood which might be a good place for your new Brazilian friend to visit. If you search the MOULa forums under "International" - as I've just done as an experiment - you'll find the names of some of the active members, who you may find online or to whom you could send a pm on the forum. It's great that you're trying to get him some help. :D

There are also MOULa Guilds of Greeters, and New Greeters (afraid I'm not sure of the difference) - both of whose members look out for newbies and try to help.

But there are of course some people who are a bit less open to new explorers, and are busy having fun with their existing friends. And also a (small) number of people whose behaviour is worse still. (We like to think that the players on Gehn and the other non-MOULa shards are the best behaved ;) )

You'd be correctly referred back here if your questions were about Gehn or DI. (TOC has its own forum.) But for help with MOULa, it's over there.

Coming back onto the topic of your OP, if/when you want Gehn Ahnonay help, just say when! - and feel free to use this thead for it! :D

(edited to correct the spelling of Kae's name - :oops: sorry)
Last edited by Acorn on Sat May 31, 2014 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Acorn

Next

Return to Gehn Shard