Gehn.20?

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: Gehn.20?

Postby Luna » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:24 am

Wamduskasapa wrote:I was wondering if there is an ETR of when the Shard will be back up It has been 9 hours since it went down, and it is still unavailable.

It has been down earlier for a upgrade, after that it has been up but it went down again. Currently the people who can restart the shard all live in US timezones, so we have to wait for them to wake up and notice :)
Code: Select all
long longestTimeWithoutPlayingMoula = (new Date()) - (new Date(2014, 9, 26));
Luna

Postby Acorn » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:42 am

Luna wrote: Currently the people who can restart the shard all live in US timezones, so we have to wait for them to wake up and notice :)

and they were all up quite late last night ;)

I can vouch for the fact that it WAS working earlier. (I've posted some comments on the other Gehn 20 thread. It's well worth a visit!)
Acorn

Postby Deledrius » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:21 am

Luna wrote:
Wamduskasapa wrote:I was wondering if there is an ETR of when the Shard will be back up It has been 9 hours since it went down, and it is still unavailable.

It has been down earlier for a upgrade, after that it has been up but it went down again. Currently the people who can restart the shard all live in US timezones, so we have to wait for them to wake up and notice :)

Yes, apparently it waited until we left to sleep before it disappeared. You know, as things do. Hopefully the server admin will awaken soon to give it a nudge...
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:32 am

Looks like a bug related to Phil's Relto the spyroom, possibly. I can't say we ever went there during the beta. The server will be up and down while I look into it ;)
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:01 pm

We're back folks!

Cyan has a tendency to name their ages things like "spyroom" and their state files "SpyRoom". This works fine on Windows, but when you use a real server OS, "spyroom" and "SpyRoom" are two totally different things. And that causes lots of null pointer fun and segmentation faults :roll: .
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Previous

Return to Gehn Shard