Gehn.20 Live!

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: Gehn.20 Live!

Postby janaba » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:50 pm

Doobes, at the moment I am absolutely speechless and just blown away ... My jaw was constantly dropping, it is just all almost unbelievable that this is at all possible to bring about on the basis of what was ... As I've said at the AGM, or was it in the Pub?, dunno lol, I believe all at Cyan would just fall over in view of what fans can accomplish and get out of everything, to complete so to speak what they just started ... So much detail, so much beauty, such a richness of ideas and comfort in everything, so many great places to gather for parties or having conferences, a rendezvous, a candlelight date/diner or sth like this etc., not to speak of the awesome bar yet, and you can sit everywhere and there is so much more like message boards, imagers, a journal etc. ... wow ... just wow ... All in all, this is absolutely nobel and classy ... What an accomplishment, Doobes, the H'Uru team, the GoM and all involved ... Kudos and congrats again ... :P
janaba

Postby Jaytee » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:32 pm

can I add what Janaba was walking around in the new pub saying today, wow, wow,wow, wow and I must say wow.
Jaytee

Postby janaba » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:21 am

Ok, everyone, there you go lol ... :D

- Add chat history browsing.
Works absolutely flawlessly and is just awesome

- Add text shadows to the KI.
Looks great and you can conveniently see the text chat in Ahnonay, Minkata and in the desert ... Couldn't test this in Tre'bivdil for reasons reported below

- Buff the floors in Vothol Gallery.
And here's another awesomeness, wow ... It just looks so shiny and great and absolutely appropriate for this little gem of an age ... ;)

- Fix chat fade bug.
- Fix crash related to other players uploading things to imagers.
- Fix player deletion nuking client sessions.
- Fix missing Relto books.
I never had those bugs, so I cannot say anything to this

- Fix floating kickables/slave cave problems.
I didn't have problems in the slave caves, not that I remember, but everything is easily to move and is working properly as it should.
The floating kickables issue is gone ... Congrats!

- Splat transforms... speaks for itself :D

As for Tre'bivdil, Acorn and I couldn't link to this age, we remain stuck at the black loading screen, no crash but we have to force quit and link back in again ... I've tried this several times with two avies ...

That is it so far, in general everything feels absolutely stable and is loading fast as always ... My comment on the new GoM pub is above ... Yeah, have a great Sunday resp. looong weekend everyone and see you all for our great celebration and party fun next week (unless there was sth special to test beforehand) ... :P
janaba

Postby Acorn » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:52 am

janaba wrote:- Add chat history browsing.

+1 :D

janaba wrote: Add text shadows to the KI.
Looks great and you can conveniently see the text chat in Ahnonay, Minkata and in the desert ... Couldn't test this in Tre'bivdil for reasons reported below

+1 :D

-
janaba wrote:
- Fix chat fade bug.

no probs so far but the party can be a proper test :lol:

-
janaba wrote:Fix player deletion nuking client sessions.

yes, Gehn20 was the first time that I could kill off an old avvie to create a new one without having to restart the game - brilliant! :D

-
janaba wrote:Fix floating kickables/slave cave problems.

As hinted in my earlier post, the slave cave DOES seem to be working fine now - many thanks, it's been bugging me for ages. :D

janaba wrote:As for Tre'bivdil, Acorn and I couldn't link to this age, we remain stuck at the black loading screen, no crash but we have to force quit and link back in again ... I've tried this several times with two avies ...

+1 :(
Acorn

Postby Christian Walther » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:03 am

Can someone explain the use of this feature to me? Under what circumstances would I want to say something again on chat that I have already said a few lines earlier? I can see how an input history is useful on a shell command line, but why for chat? :?:
Christian Walther

Postby janaba » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:25 am

Christian Walther wrote:
Can someone explain the use of this feature to me? Under what circumstances would I want to say something again on chat that I have already said a few lines earlier? I can see how an input history is useful on a shell command line, but why for chat? :?:

This is not for what we have said, but maybe someone could think of any reason why, e.g. pondering what you've already mentioned and so not have to reiterate yourself or so, ok, but this is great to glance through what you've missed without interruption of new chat comments, which oftentimes run quite fast in a bigger crowd ... :P
janaba

Postby Christian Walther » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:10 pm

janaba wrote:but this is great to glance through what you've missed without interruption of new chat comments, which oftentimes run quite fast in a bigger crowd ... :P

Janaba, I think we are talking about two different things then. What you mean is the ability to scroll up in the chat output area without having it jump down again every time new chat comes in, right? What I mean, and what I’m pretty sure is meant by the release note “add chat history browsing”, is hitting the up arrow key while in the chat input line to recall previous lines you entered.
Christian Walther

Postby janaba » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:35 pm

Christian Walther wrote:
janaba wrote:but this is great to glance through what you've missed without interruption of new chat comments, which oftentimes run quite fast in a bigger crowd ... :P

Janaba, I think we are talking about two different things then. What you mean is the ability to scroll up in the chat output area without having it jump down again every time new chat comes in, right? What I mean, and what I’m pretty sure is meant by the release note “add chat history browsing”, is hitting the up arrow key while in the chat input line to recall previous lines you entered.

Hehe, if it was meant like you think it is, I didn't experience it like that and indeed that'd make no sense as you've said, so I also would never get the idea seeing it like this ... I just understood it simple and literally as it says 'browsing the chat history' and that's actually an awesome feature to have as I've explained above, but maybe it just worked so wonderfully by coincidence, when I tried that out after the AGM in the Pub ... So, now I'm curious what our precious coders say to this and how it was actually meant to be understood and how it could be useful to anyone ... :P
janaba

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:48 pm

janaba wrote:As for Tre'bivdil, Acorn and I couldn't link to this age, we remain stuck at the black loading screen, no crash but we have to force quit and link back in again ... I've tried this several times with two avies ...

This should be fixed now. :)

Christian Walther wrote:Can someone explain the use of this feature to me? Under what circumstances would I want to say something again on chat that I have already said a few lines earlier? I can see how an input history is useful on a shell command line, but why for chat? :?:

I know I said this in IRC, but here is it for posterity. You just typed a really nice/thoughtful/witty message and meant to send it to the whole age.... Except you had a player selected by mistake in the silly player lists. Now there's no need to retype the whole thing--just clear that selection, press the up arrow, and press enter. 8-)
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Acorn » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:17 pm

Tsar Hoikas wrote:

This should be fixed now. :)

Yup, I just visited, all fine. :D

And I just completed Eder Gira/Kemo - fish baskets and all - with absolute ease. :lol:
Acorn

PreviousNext

Return to Gehn Shard