The new Messengers Pub

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

The new Messengers Pub

Postby S'ni Day » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:33 pm

I want to say that I had such a good time today at the new Messengers Pub. I have no idea how much work and hours it must have taken to make this Pub such a joy to behold. All the special little touches made it such a pleasure to be there. Thanks to all that had a hand in making it possible.
Glen Shard 14730
S'ni Day

Re: The new Messengers Pub

Postby Acorn » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:03 am

It's now proved itself to be a marvellous party venue. Thanks to Doobes for hosting the party and to Trek for the great music!

Did it attract a record number of Gehn shard players?
Acorn

Postby Doobes » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:14 am

S'ni Day wrote:I have no idea how much work and hours it must have taken to make this Pub such a joy to behold.

Lots and lots and lots. :P

I'm glad you had a nice time!
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby Acorn » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:20 am

Not sure where the best place to post bugs relating to the pub might be - but they're perhaps easier to find in this thread so here goes:

I was inspired by Afalstein's pics to re-explore the pub - and in particular the features of the conference room. I stood in the presenter's position - and then decided to leap over the table (as you do) and found myself stuck in one of the chairs :o The one I was stuck in was the left hand seat at the top of the "u" as seen from the presenter's position. But I'd guess that they might all have this problem - though I need to do more jumping to find out.
Acorn

Postby Doobes » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:08 pm

Acorn wrote:Not sure where the best place to post bugs relating to the pub might be - but they're perhaps easier to find in this thread so here goes:

I was inspired by Afalstein's pics to re-explore the pub - and in particular the features of the conference room. I stood in the presenter's position - and then decided to leap over the table (as you do) and found myself stuck in one of the chairs :o The one I was stuck in was the left hand seat at the top of the "u" as seen from the presenter's position. But I'd guess that they might all have this problem - though I need to do more jumping to find out.

Hmm...can you recreate the bug and get a screenshot? If so, I might be able to fix it.
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby Acorn » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:07 pm

I took a Ki picture at the time I was stuck, if that helps - but I'm afraid I don't know where it'd be saved on my laptop so I don't know how to find it and post it :oops:
Acorn

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:10 pm

Try pasting this into the address bar in explorer: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Uru - Gehn Shard\KIImages

EDIT: I just remembered that the installer creates a Gehn User Profile shortcut in your start menu that will take you to the folder containing logs, avatar images, ki images, etc.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Acorn » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:03 pm

Show Spoiler
Thanks, Adam, I found the pics :D

I managed to recreate getting myself stuck in the chair, too - so here is today's version. When stuck, I can rotate but not escape.

I unstuck myself by using loadclothing and turning the avvie male ;) - which takes you to the log-in point but, rather surprisingly, leaves the camera where it was :o . I find I have to switch to 1st person to navigate with, until I get back to where I was.
Acorn

Postby Doobes » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:14 pm

I think that'll be an easy fix. There's separate colliders used with those chairs so the avatar doesn't get stuck in the sitting mod. At the moment, they're only one sided, so I'm guessing once you go through it at a certain angle, the collision kicks in and...STUCK.

Closing that particular collider so that it's a box and not a plane should do the trick...I hope. I wasn't able to recreate the bug with a male OR female avvie so I'm not sure. :oops:
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby Ainia » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:58 pm

:D

Looks like you get to be the beta tester for this bug fix Acorn!

On another tangent, I'm hoping that behind one of those alcove curtains, we will eventually discover a big ol' dance floor!
ImageImage
Ainia

Next

Return to Gehn Shard