No sound in Gehn Shard and weird graphics

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: No sound in Gehn Shard and weird graphics

Postby evansu1337 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:22 pm

Szark wrote:I loaded (installed) Gehn yesterday and didn't have any sound, so I ran the Gehn Repair which got the sound working

I tried the Gehn Repair as well but it didn't make any difference.
evansu1337

Postby evansu1337 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:31 pm

Tsar Hoikas wrote:
evansu1337 wrote:
Tsar Hoikas wrote:Hi all, with Gehn 20, we updated a lot of our build tools. The component we were using to play audio was unavailable when we did this rebuild, so we used an alternative that appears to suffer from problems like this. I checked the other day and the old audio component was available again, so I will switch us back to the old, working component with the next Gehn release.

Hi Adam! Do you have any idea when the next release will be, please?

I expect that it will be within the next month...

Thanks for that notification, Tsar Hoikas :)
One thing; after the problems with no sound and squirrely graphics, I uninstalled and then reinstalled the game itself. I loaded it from the Gehn Shard page rather than from the initial download on my computer as I couldn't find it. Now when I load it, it has the updates go through like normal, but it only shows up as Gehn Shard 1.20, rather than 2.0. Have I downloaded an old version? I got 2.0 as an update, when it first got going and I'm sure it said 2.0. Also I lost the sound and the normal graphics mid-game as I recall. I've done virus checks and malware checks and everything comes up as okay. I've tried the Gehn Repair as well and I know that worked for someone else, but it didn't help me. Don't know what difference any of this makes, just remembered this stuff and wondered if the info would help.
Again, thanks.
evansu1337

Postby evansu1337 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:49 pm

Hi Adam!
I know it's still Summer holidays and all that, but are you any closer to knowing when the upgrade will take place? I still get no sound when I go onto the shard. A time frame would be muchly appreciated.
Ta!
evansu1337

Postby Oldone » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:18 pm

I just downloaded Gehn Shard and have the no sound issue. I see the work around up top, but is it ever going to have an official fix?
I know you think you know what I said, but what you need to know is, I didn't say what I meant

MOULa #232078 #756156, Deep Island #276544, TOC-MOUL #387000, GHEN #298300, TPOTS #68552
Oldone

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:09 pm

The past few moths have been insane. Hopefully there will be an update within the next two weeks.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby janaba » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:06 am

/me hugs Adam ... Christmas time now is a good time to stop this insanity, anytime is a good time for that actually lol, but I'd suggest you really take time out for yourself now, just for what you love and what gives you joy and the feeling that there's more to life than stress and obligations and stuff ... in case 'working on' and updating Gehn would contribute to that, ok, so be it ... :)
janaba

Postby Deledrius » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:38 pm

This should now be fixed for those of you suffering with no sound from this issue. Please make sure you allow the patcher to update those DLLs if you marked them as read-only.
Enjoy!
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Previous

Return to Gehn Shard