Potential Party Planning Preferences...

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Potential Party Planning Preferences...

Postby Lord Chaos » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:01 am

Hi, folks.

Some of you might know that I have some association with parties...

As I wandered around Gehn the other day, the main thing I noticed was that everything WORKED. I logged in in about half the time it takes on MOULa, and linking from Age to Age on Gehn was similar. And, more important, the shard was actually there; the last few events I've tried to organize on MOULa have had to be cancelled due to the shard being down.

So, my question: Granted that everyone likes a party, is there a protocol here for setting one up? I don't want to step on any toes.

Well, another question: is it possible for Explorers to reach the Tokotah Rooftop easily? :)
Lord Chaos

Re: Potential Party Planning Preferences...

Postby janaba » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:43 am

Lord Chaos wrote:Hi, folks.
Some of you might know that I have some association with parties... :)

Yeah, I keep hearing about it every now and again ... :lol:

And yes, the Gehn shard is really working smoothly and stable, it is much more fast and is in many respects more reliable and convenient besides other improvements which haven't been implemented on MOULa yet ... 8-)

I have to admit that I don't know if the (same) Tokotah Rooftop on this shard can be linked to by everyone from Eder Gira as in the old days, but if Adam (Hoikas) would be present on the day of the party he could arrange for everyone to just have to type a /party command so that everyone logging in and wanting to join that event would be linked by that command to that specific age or location, he always did this for Gehn shard parties ... :P

In general I'd say, you may imagine or may have realized that the available shards are unfortunately not very much frequented, so it'd be good to post those event intentions on the Moul forums in good time (don't forget that XP users aren't supported anymore and are a bit frustrated right now lol) ... The introduction party for the new GoM Pub was a blast, so with a good organization beforehand (together with the GoM and H'Uru team and resp. announcements etc.) you might be lucky to get sth going here ... :)
janaba

Postby Annabelle » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:06 am

Lord Chaos wrote:Some of you might know that I have some association with parties...

Never heard of such a thing... :lol: ;)

I will add on janaba, you might plan your party by informing the Gehn's admins, mostly Adam & Deledrius (most active admins). Gehn is made for parties to say the least! Like janaba says the more publicity you do, the more people will join you on the P day!

Oh, maybe consider to visit the shard a little, there's the traditional Tokotah Rooftop (for sure) but there are "party-approuved" ages also on the shard, I'm thinking of Tre'bidvil, Vothol Gallery, & the infamous Messengers' Pub. Not that I dislike Fehnir's House age :lol: but it wouldn't make the best place for a party ;)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Lord Chaos » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:31 pm

I looked around Fehnir's place, and while the decor is OK, it's a tad cramped. You get two or three people in there doing that crazy arm-flinging dance, and we'd have concussions. We'd need a little more room.

I have no real plans at the moment. I just wanted to see if there was a particular protocol. I remember from the Until Uru days that some shard admins weren't all that enamored of having parties. Something about not being serious enough, I guess. We always got along very well with Ashtar, and his Great Tree shard. An open-armed welcome, and he'd even come to the party. :)
Lord Chaos

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:21 pm

Parties are fine by me. Deledrius or I can set the /party command for you, if you make us aware of the need. Given how crazy life is, PMs would probably be best ;)
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Return to Gehn Shard