kNetError

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

kNetError

Postby Cabal » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:34 am

Hi everyone,
I have a new problem: while the GZ_link in the Nexus was missing I have created another Avatar. The new Avatar has the GZ_Link in the Nexus. My first Avatar still does not. So I have unistalled the game and installed again. When I try to start the game the connection to the Server is okay but then it stops and says Error: kNetErrTimeout Client/dxwebsetup.exe.gz
I have unistalled and installed several times but it doesn`t work.
I hope someone can help me here again ;)
Cabal

Re: kNetError

Postby Deledrius » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:30 am

Cabal wrote:I have a new problem: while the GZ_link in the Nexus was missing I have created another Avatar. The new Avatar has the GZ_Link in the Nexus. My first Avatar still does not.

There is already a thread for the Missing GZ Link. As I stated there, a solution is being worked on for the avatars still missing their link, and will hopefully be implemented soon. Sorry about the wait!

Cabal wrote:When I try to start the game the connection to the Server is okay but then it stops and says Error: kNetErrTimeout Client/dxwebsetup.exe.gz
I have unistalled and installed several times but it doesn`t work.
I hope someone can help me here again ;)

Sounds like you might have a connection issue of some kind. You don't need to keep re-installing; that won't make any progress. Try running the Repair shortcut the installer placed in your Start Menu. That's all you should ever need to do to fix missing data files.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:19 am

In fixing the recent GreatZero problem, I managed to reverse a fix for this problem. The server should now be doing both the GreatZero and file downloads correctly. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Cabal » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:26 am

Thank you, Tsor Hoikas! Now I can do the Marker-Missions :)
Cabal

Return to Gehn Shard