Gehn.22 Live!

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: Gehn.22 Live!

Postby Ehren » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:19 pm

I can't get past UruLauncher. I get the following error:

"UruLauncher.exe.tmp - System Error"

"The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Reinstalling wasn't helpful.
Ehren

Postby Yali » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:36 pm

There's a bug in Gahreesen when entering the crevace in the wall where the view switches to a rock face making it impossible to enter the gear room.
Yali

Postby Deledrius » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:48 am

Ehren wrote:I can't get past UruLauncher. I get the following error:
"The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Try manually running the vcredist_x86.exe in the location where Gehn is installed. This should have happened automatically, but it seems to have failed.

Yali wrote:There's a bug in Gahreesen when entering the crevace in the wall where the view switches to a rock face making it impossible to enter the gear room.

Thank you for the bug report. You might want to check earlier in this thread. ;)
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby CaptainQuery » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:29 pm

Hi!

Is the Shard down? Myself and my friend in Wisconsin both have tried to get on over the past few days with no success. I stop at the first screen and the app just hangs on Connecting...... I apologize if this has been addressed in another thread that I may have missed.

Thanks

CQ
CaptainQuery

Postby cskid13 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:12 pm

The shard seems to be online, as people's signatures are showing 1 explorer online (as opposed to none).
cskid13

Postby Acorn » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:17 am

CaptainQuery wrote:Hi!

Is the Shard down? Myself and my friend in Wisconsin both have tried to get on over the past few days with no success. I stop at the first screen and the app just hangs on Connecting...... I apologize if this has been addressed in another thread that I may have missed.

Thanks

CQ

yup, I have a problem too, it sticks at the "connecting" screen. I'll start a new thread so it's more noticeable.
Acorn

Postby Deledrius » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:11 pm

Korovev wrote:It should be noted that “%256” doesn’t produce anything in-game, either. I guess it’s better to write it in letters, “percent”.

The error appears to have entered into the .loc files quite some time ago, I presume when Cyan converted them from python scripts to xml. Comparing the Uru:CC files to Cyan's MO:UL files (which OHB used as sources, AFAIK) you can see these transcription errors emerge. Our .loc files can handle escaped percent signs, and uses %#s for parsed arguments, so there's no reason to resort to spelling it out. It just needs to be fixed in GULP's initial translation (and the likewise-broken other languages). The real issue here is going to be finding all of these subtle mistakes.

I've sent OHB a PM listing the major issues you have all found, and hopefully we can fix the big ones quickly and have a much better package ready for when Gehn 24 comes along. :) Thanks for the reports, everyone!
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Previous

Return to Gehn Shard