Gehn.22 Live!

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: Gehn.22 Live!

Postby janaba » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:59 am

Hi, everyone, I've been exploring resp. looking around the shard for a while, while defrosting my fridge lol, and in general everything worked fine and fast as always ... I still have Win 7, I'm glad, so that's why maybe ... :P

The vcredist package update went through properly ... When I first logged in I've had the same issue as Charura ... wrong clothes and no face lol, but I immediately logged out and in again and everything was back to normal ...

Why I'm here now already, yes I couldn't finish my exploration/examination, because I cannot log in anymore, I'm now getting a Net5 error ... I've got it before when linking to Sharper's office and after that I still get it when ... wait, I'm just checking again to be sure and ... I'm in again, yay ... Ok, so, I've got the error 'LinkToAge failed' when linking to Phil's Relto before btw, but that's normal after most new releases, so I decided to keep this for when I'll finish my tests lol ... 8-)

Ok, in short, much of the fixes cannot be tested right away as they'll reveal themselves when further and ongoing exploring, but I've chosen the German language this time and so far it looks fine ... I'm not going to nitpick on this or that now lol, though I'll gladly switch back to English when I'm done with exploring ... German is just ... strange lol ... ;)

So far I've checked the books in the HOK and in the library, as Korovev did ... Some books, King Yableshan and Mararon, as mentioned by Korovev, have the standard green cover, they all have a proper title and texts though ... In the library on the table to the right all three books, the story of Me'erta, Kedri and Me'emen, have the standard green book ... The book in the conference room in Gahreesen about Gahreesen is standard green while the KI description book is ok ...

The shiny floor in the Nexus is of course v e r y s p e c i a l, wow, great job, Deledrius ... :D

I just quickly checked the books on the Tokotah Rooftop, they are all standard green, but the notes are ok ... Dr. Watson's book in Descent is ok ... The book in the Great Zero antechamber is standard green ...

Ok, I'm clever, I'm taking the elevator to Sharper's office right now lol ... but I'll try to link there afterwards from the City book of course ... :geek:

Same 'issue' as Korovev, Sharper's book is ok, but is the English version, and the note is as cropped as shown in his screenshot ... and Yeah!!! I could link there now from my Relto ... /cheer

Now on to Phil's Relto and then I'm done for now ... Annabelle is on the shard, very good, so more explorations will be taking place, very good ... Yeah, sorry to say that, but again the error message 'LinkToAge failed' ... /shrug ...

That's it for now, if there'd be sth specific to look into or to try again or so, please let us know ... :)
Last edited by janaba on Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
janaba

Postby Annabelle » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:02 am

Shorah!

I've been thrown out of the server a minute ago.

I had enough time to log in and play in French and see that the French translation work is very well done apart some few things.

All the books in the Hall of Kings have French titles, have the right covers, & the texts inside are written with the good size fonts unlike the Italian counterpart. Maybe Korovev should look forward to submit new translations in the GULP project.

There's one particular age that seems to be missing a French translation:

Ahnonay Cathedral de Annabelle-Sophie
Annabelle-Sophie's Er'cana
Negilahn de Annabelle-Sophie

There are some inconstancies too in the Nexus database:
Grand Zéro Observation
Great Zero
The first element is a odd mix of French & English, the second element is only in English.

The GULP project is far from being democratic and I've been denied all my changes under the fallacy that I'm not French so I shouldn't dear change the "Way" French wants their stuff. Even in the "French Canadian" part of the GULP, I've been denied by the community. "Grand Zéro Observation" means absolutely nothing at all. The only & right way to name that place is "L'Observatoire du Grand Zéro". You should see the riot I provoked when I submitted these kind of changes on the GULP project!!!

So to get it straight: Gehn.22 Live! is fantastic but the underlying GULP project is not so fantastic...
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:49 am

Hey guys, I'm doing some work from my laptop while away from home. I've got some crash logs to look at, but I can't do that there. There is apparently a server crash issue that I've noticed, and it's specifically related to visiting the spy room. I believe I have fixed the issue remotely, but I can't be sure as I do not have URU installed on this machine. If this doesn't fix the problem, I'm going to have to make some intrusive vault modifications :twisted: --we'll see.

There are a few things I can gather from the current posts. We changed a LOT in this build and updated to a newer core component with this release. The launcher tries to install this (vcredist_x86). However, it seems that for some of you this update isn't taking. I think that this updated component requires a PC restart to take effect. TL;DR: see weird stuff (crashes, black screens), restart your computer! If you've already done that, stand by for more debugging.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby janaba » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:55 am

Very interesting, Annabelle, even I would have translated it like you did ... I was very good at it at school (I was in the advanced course) and loved French ... It is so elegant and just, yeah, merveilleux ... :P

Ok, however, as I've said above, I'm not going to nitpick on the translations, some terms might have been chosen for convenience or to save some space or whatsoever, and I know that to express sth in German as translation from English is not so very easy ... In English e.g. you can say sth very profound with one or two words whereas to express the same in German sometimes you have to formulate a whole sentence or more to only come close to that etc. ...

What just came to my mind is that I'm now going to look for some of the above mentioned things in the English version and I of course expect them to be as 'normal' lol, ok let's see ...

I forgot to mention before btw that the Cyan animation in the very first second is very blurry, and besides that it doesn't fit anymore, it feels so outdated IMHO, esp. with the new classy animated GoW screen and everything new and improved ... ok, but maybe it is just me ... ;)

I was just thrown out with Net6 btw and I'm logging in right now again, maybe it was the switch to English ... Yep, I'm back in again ... Ahhh, wonderful, and as I've expected it to be, everything is back to normal and perfectly and smoothly working ... Marie's note in Sharper's office looks strangely cropped too though lol ...

I couldn't link to Phil's Relto and I didn't get an error message this time, I was stuck on the GoW animation screen and had to force quit ... I'm just trying it again to be sure, logged in again and when linking to Phil's Relto I'm now again stuck at the animated GoW logo screen with no error message, so I'll have to force quit right now again ... Oh no, while looking for a log file I've now, after some minutes, got the 'LinkToAge failed' error message again ...

The log files look so different now, I wouldn't know which one would serve anyone of you ... in case you'd like to have any or more of those, please tell us which one(s) ... Ok, everyone, bye bye for now ... :)

Edit: Ahhh, now I see your message, Adam, ok, that's fine and ok then ... 8-)
janaba

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:58 am

Folks, please avoid the spyroom for now. I'll have to look into it later (intrusive vault modifications... muhahahahaha)
Tsar Hoikas

Postby Korovev » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:22 am

Annabelle wrote:The GULP project is far from being democratic and I've been denied all my changes under the fallacy that I'm not French so I shouldn't dear change the "Way" French wants their stuff. Even in the "French Canadian" part of the GULP, I've been denied by the community. "Grand Zéro Observation" means absolutely nothing at all. The only & right way to name that place is "L'Observatoire du Grand Zéro". You should see the riot I provoked when I submitted these kind of changes on the GULP project!!!

There are two problems: first, the Age Names page is buggy and is very hard to enter a translation there. Second, the French translation of “Great Zero” and “Great Zero Observation” (room, I suppose) are marked as Original Translation, already present as such in Cyan datafiles. OHB has been quite reluctant to let people edit Original Translation strings, but it’s well known that many of them are utterly wrong. As far as I can tell, in the Italian version those strings weren’t translated, so it was possible for Leonardo to enter the correct translation years ago.
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Postby Acorn » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:57 am

Korovev wrote:Some notes are not wrapped correctly (those texts might be preformatted, in that case translators will have to manually wrap the text):
Show Spoiler

I'd not noticed before, but the English version of the schoolroom posters does not wrap correctly either.
Acorn

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:50 am

Sorry about the downtime -- I've put the server back up now. The spyroom server crash issue should be fixed, hopefully forever this time :roll: . Thanks fo being patient with us!
Tsar Hoikas

Postby janaba » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:10 pm

It's working again ... Thanks for keeping up with us and making our efforts worthwhile ... :)
janaba

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:46 pm

We've just pushed down a hotfix for the black screen that some of you guys are seeing. Unfortunately, the hotfix removes the feature that allows the game to launch really fast. There was a bug in it that caused the fullscreen window to be shown too soon. Perhaps this feature will return in the future--without the bugs, of course. ;)
Tsar Hoikas

PreviousNext

Return to Gehn Shard