Gehn.22 Live!

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: Gehn.22 Live!

Postby Korovev » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:48 pm

Most of the books on the Tokotah Rooftop are generic green as well. I guess that’s because the .loc files look for e.g. a “xKingHemelinMTKCvrD_ita*1#0.hsm” file, which likely doesn’t exists.
Regarding the Hemelin book, one of the notes should read:

* Though others did live through the illness, Healer records indicate a 95 percent fatality rate once the disease reached its later stages.

But in-game it’s just:

* Though others did live through the illness, Healer records indicate a disease reached its later stages

French and German use “%256”, but Italian and Hungarian use a simple “%”, which perhaps is the cause of the wrong font size.
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Postby CaptainQuery » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:57 pm

I was just about to list (5 or 6 steps) a detailed workaround to the full screen problem that allowed me to get into the game but the hot fix resolved the issue for now. Thanks to Tsar Hoikas !
CaptainQuery

Postby Acorn » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:19 pm

Yup, the hotfix solved my Win8 laptop's problems - I still got the corrupted avvie screen one I got into the game, but forcing a close, and rebooting the computer, solved that too. Well done, guys!

So back to normal bug reporting - my new avvie set the Teledan floor traps so the doors opened the correct way, but the secret cupboard in the wall, that holds the link to the spy room, didn't open. I was able to use the other bug that allows you to find the hotspot even when the cupboard is shut, and confirm that I got to the spyroom and then to Phil's Relto OK, with no crashes.
Acorn

Postby Korovev » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:25 pm

Another problem: with this update I can no longer use the MacOS wrapper. Visual C++ 2015 is missing from winetricks’ packets.
Korovev

Postby Christian Walther » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:36 am

Did version 21 still work for you, Korovev? It didn’t for me, using Ainia’s Wineskin – launcher crashed immediately (though I never spent the effort to figure out why or try different Wine versions).

I haven’t had any luck yet with manually installing the VC2015 runtime DLLs – I get lots of errors like
Code: Select all
err:module:find_forwarded_export module not found for forward 'ucrtbase.terminate' used by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll"

even though I did put ucrtbase.dll there. Will have to do more research on that.
Christian Walther

Postby Korovev » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:54 am

Version 21 worked, but with some difficulty. I think I installed some dlls through Winetricks in that case, but I can’t remember which.

I get the same errors: vcruntime140.dll and msvcp140.dll need api-ms-win-crt-* dlls, but cannot find them even if I copy them manually from Windows.
Korovev

Postby Annabelle » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:45 am

Korovev wrote:There are two problems: first, the Age Names page is buggy and is very hard to enter a translation there. Second, the French translation of “Great Zero” and “Great Zero Observation” (room, I suppose) are marked as Original Translation, already present as such in Cyan datafiles. OHB has been quite reluctant to let people edit Original Translation strings, but it’s well known that many of them are utterly wrong. As far as I can tell, in the Italian version those strings weren’t translated, so it was possible for Leonardo to enter the correct translation years ago.

Ah ok it might explain why.

And how does the implementation of the GULP work on Gehn shard? If we submit changes to the GULP and they are accepted, how long does it take to see the changes on the shard?
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Ainia » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:46 am

Christian Walther wrote:Did version 21 still work for you, Korovev? It didn’t for me, using Ainia’s Wineskin – launcher crashed immediately (though I never spent the effort to figure out why or try different Wine versions).

I haven’t had any luck yet with manually installing the VC2015 runtime DLLs – I get lots of errors like
Code: Select all
err:module:find_forwarded_export module not found for forward 'ucrtbase.terminate' used by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll"

even though I did put ucrtbase.dll there. Will have to do more research on that.

Ah, so it isn't just me... :?

For the past couple months, all attempts to launch Gehn via Wineskin result in an immediate stackdump. :evil: Based on korovev's comments, I gather us Mac folks are doomed... Until the Wine folks figure out a winetricks for Visual C++ 2015, that is.
ImageImage
Ainia

Postby Deledrius » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:53 pm

Korovev wrote:French and German use “%256”, but Italian and Hungarian use a simple “%”, which perhaps is the cause of the wrong font size.

I recall seeing that error before and correcting it in places. It seems we'll need to report more of them to OHB to fix. Thanks for investigating that!

Annabelle wrote:And how does the implementation of the GULP work on Gehn shard? If we submit changes to the GULP and they are accepted, how long does it take to see the changes on the shard?

This is a good question, and one we haven't explicitly discussed. At this time, the updates will be brought in with the next update to Gehn. I don't anticipate a large number of frequent updates to the loc files, but we might be able to push out a new build with updated locs in between major builds if we get a substantial number of important fixes (now that we're using GULP actively, we will hopefully get a surge of corrections).

Ainia wrote:Ah, so it isn't just me... :?

For the past couple months, all attempts to launch Gehn via Wineskin result in an immediate stackdump. :evil: Based on korovev's comments, I gather us Mac folks are doomed... Until the Wine folks figure out a winetricks for Visual C++ 2015, that is.

That's unfortunate. :( If I get a chance I'll try my hand at getting a Wineskin that works, but I'm not sure I'll have time for a while. Hopefully someone can get this worked out. Progress is slowly being made on a native cross-platform client, but it's still a long way off so Wine is definitely an important alternative.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Ainia » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:57 pm

Deledrius wrote:
Ainia wrote:Ah, so it isn't just me... :?

That's unfortunate. :( If I get a chance I'll try my hand at getting a Wineskin that works, but I'm not sure I'll have time for a while. Hopefully someone can get this worked out. Progress is slowly being made on a native cross-platform client, but it's still a long way off so Wine is definitely an important alternative.

Will a generous bribery of chocolate help with either?? :D

CHOCOLATE!! Show Spoiler
ImageImage
Ainia

PreviousNext

Return to Gehn Shard