Trouble with Ghen Shard on Mac (patcher update)

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Trouble with Ghen Shard on Mac (patcher update)

Postby 1krystal » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:27 am

Hello all...I will try to describe this the best way I can. I am using a Mac computer and I found a link for everything I needed in Myst URU forum to download everything I needed for it to run correctly because my Mac does not open exe files. So thats running ok. I was just told about the shards last night and wanted to continue exploring and playing. I was also told about an installer app called that I could use to make things a little easier to download. Well its not. After wanting to beat my head on the wall a thousand times, I finally got it downloaded by adding a copy of Myst URU and making a new folder and then attaching the Ghen Shard installation. First time something was not right cause the screen was glitching and no sound and it was awful. So i started over and finally made sure ghen shard was in folder and then I get to the "patcher update". Well it will not go beyond that. I was reading on here about maybe replacing the server.ini but when I right click I have no option for what others have done to make it target area. Does anyone have any tips on what I can do to get back playing? I am just about finished with everything in URU and I am really looking forward to this. Any help and information is greatly appreciated.

Also one last thing...should the graphics be the same as in URU? I noticed the first try they weren't, kinda older computer version and moving very slow. I would like to continue to be able to download and play these different parts but need an easier route on downloading.

Thanks again
1krystal

Re: Trouble with Ghen Shard on Mac (patcher update)

Postby Korovev » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:24 am

The Gehn Shard doesn’t currently work on MacOSX, unfortunately.
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Postby 1krystal » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:07 am

I appreciate it for getting back with me. I guess i'll keep coming back to check.
1krystal

Postby 1krystal » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:23 pm

Korovev wrote:The Gehn Shard doesn’t currently work on MacOSX, unfortunately.

What about with the PlayOnMac program? I have heard other users say it works for them.
1krystal

Re: Trouble with Gehn Shard on Mac (patcher update)

Postby Deledrius » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:32 pm

It's worth a try, and if it works, please let us know!

Unfortunately, your timing for giving us a try just happens to coincide with an update last week which inadvertently led to a compatibility issue with Wine, as the Wine maintainers haven't yet updated their system to support some of Microsoft's latest libraries. I just checked today and they do have submitted patches for initial work on this problem; hopefully Wine users won't be left unable to play for very long.

So sorry for the inconvenience!
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Return to Gehn Shard