Bug report: malfunction in Gahreesen gear

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Bug report: malfunction in Gahreesen gear

Postby TOOO » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:30 pm

Whenever I try to jump into the small alcove in the giant Gahreesen gear, I get stuck in the wall, with no way to move except to return to Relto. Could you look into this please? Thanks.
TOOO

Re: Bug report: malfunction in Gahreesen gear

Postby Acorn » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:09 pm

Hi, TOOO, we've covered this bug off in the Gehn 22 live thread. In response to reports by janaba and me, Deledrius said

Deledrius wrote:We noticed the camera glitch in a few places too. Turns out a fix for some previously-misnamed variables broke some cameras. Hoikas has devised a solution for it that repairs this regression. Sorry about that!
Acorn

Postby Deledrius » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:11 pm

Thanks for reporting this. I am unable to reproduce the problem.

As reported by Acorn, there is a camera glitch which occurs in this location (and we have a fix ready which is not yet live), but I was able to leave the gear without becoming stuck. Was your avatar visibly stuck, or were you experiencing the stuck camera?

Edit: Acorn cross-posted with me. ;)
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby janaba » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:53 pm

I don't know what you mean exactly, Deledrius, I just know that the avi is sucked in and immediately only sees the wall as shown below, so I don't see anything else anymore, not my avi or a weird camera angle, nothing but that wall with no capability to move anymore, means Alt+F4 ... :)

Show Spoiler
janaba

Postby Deledrius » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:23 pm

That's exactly the same camera angle I had. You are able to move, and can leave once the gear comes around (I did so). Only the camera is stuck until then, not the avatar, so you have to move blindly. This is why I was asking if the bug report was misinterpreting the problem, or if it was a new problem in addition to the existing known camera bug. I'd like to know if TOOO assumed the avatar was stuck because the camera was, or if TOOO explicitly saw the avatar stuck as well.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby TOOO » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:31 pm

I checked again: it is a camera glitch (and switching to first person didn't help, either). The solution was to simply walk backwards until I appeared in the Power Room (because I don't know what else to call it), and then complete the Age as usual.

There's also a camera glitch in Ae'gura: I can't look at the linking book in the Palace Alcove in 3rd person. I had to switch to 1st person to use the book.
TOOO

Postby Deledrius » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:11 pm

TOOO wrote:I checked again: it is a camera glitch (and switching to first person didn't help, either). The solution was to simply walk backwards until I appeared in the Power Room (because I don't know what else to call it), and then complete the Age as usual.

Okay, good to know. We're considering a new build soon to address these bugs since we have a confirmed fix for them.

TOOO wrote:There's also a camera glitch in Ae'gura: I can't look at the linking book in the Palace Alcove in 3rd person. I had to switch to 1st person to use the book.

This is the same bug. It'll also trigger in the classroom, emulating what the children might have done when you approach the podium in the front of the room.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Acorn » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:19 am

TOOO wrote:I checked again: it is a camera glitch (and switching to first person didn't help, either). The solution was to simply walk backwards until I appeared in the Power Room (because I don't know what else to call it), and then complete the Age as usual.

good to know you can escape - I thought I might have escaped once but the camera stayed stuck so I wasn't sure if I had. Walking backwards was a good idea - I tried to turn round the right amount but it's hard to be sure you have done!
Deledrius wrote:Okay, good to know. We're considering a new build soon to address these bugs since we have a confirmed fix for them.

Even better news, thanks!

Deledrius wrote:

Edit: Acorn cross-posted with me. ;)
;)
Acorn

Return to Gehn Shard