Gehn.23 Live!

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: Gehn.23 Live!

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:44 pm

I did manage to trigger some issues with invisible text in the KI. A fix should be available in Gehn.24...
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Acorn » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:51 am

great news, thanks, Adam and Jeffrey :D
Acorn

Postby Flynt » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:47 pm

Greetings and Salutations All!

I've been experiencing a serious lag with Gehn from a relatively recent build continuing thru .23, namely mouse clicks are either not working or are very laggy. I do not experience this with MOULa, which suggests the problem is local to me but only with Gehn. I was hoping that the matter would resolve itself on its own or by a subsequent build, hence I have been AWOL and never reported the issue up until now. Any ideas?
MOULa KI: 2719885
Deep Island KI: 00181606
Gehn KI: 00106063

Flynt

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:40 pm

Flynt, has this issue persisted since your last post? We recently did a server migration, and we are now on the US East Coast. Down here in McRae, I get a 50ms ping. Yours should be much better in ATL, which should defeat any network induced lag scenarios.

@Everyone: over the past month, I have been tracing down a very elusive server crash. It appears to be related to our tear-down code when an age is exiting. I'm seeing an unknown internal error that is captured, but the code that handles said unknown error crashes the server. I've had no luck figuring out why the error handling code crashes the server, but I would like to figure out what exactly this unknown error is. It is very sporadic in nature and hard to predict. If y'all have time, please log into the shard and link around a bit. I have added a some things to the server that will cause it to describe to me what's going on. If we can fix the unknown error, the error handling code won't matter. I would hate for this bug to strike during the Great Zero event! :(
Tsar Hoikas

Postby Flynt » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:31 am

Tsar Hoikas wrote:Flynt, has this issue persisted since your last post? :(

Wow! Just logged in, dropped a pellet, and linked to Hood and City. No problems noted. I should have bitched about this some time ago. :)
MOULa KI: 2719885
Deep Island KI: 00181606
Gehn KI: 00106063

Flynt

Postby Acorn » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:04 am

Tsar Hoikas wrote:
@Everyone: If y'all have time, please log into the shard and link around a bit. I have added a some things to the server that will cause it to describe to me what's going on. If we can fix the unknown error, the error handling code won't matter. I would hate for this bug to strike during the Great Zero event! :(

Sure! Always happy to try to crash the shard! :lol:

Edited - Aaand I've failed so far....
Acorn

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:03 am

So far, no one has managed to trigger the bug -- that's not unexpected because it's a very rare thing. All I see are the usual errors, like people trying to connect with their own internal clients, people not updating their MOULa installs, etc. etc. etc. Maybe we'll trigger it soon enough!
Tsar Hoikas

Previous

Return to Gehn Shard