Difficulties setting up Gehn Shard client

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Difficulties setting up Gehn Shard client

Postby Moulton » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:47 pm

I'm running into difficulties setting up Gehn Shard on a Vista machine.

I ran the gehn_shard.exe and let it download everything for the installation.

After launching UruLauncher.exe, it went through a setup/download process and gave me a login screen. After I log in, it downloads some more updates and then complains that some .prp files are missing. I found a fair number of them to be present, but size zero. So I copied the missing ones over from my MOULa folder. Alas, when I restarted UruLauncher, it replaced them all with zero length versions.

Could it be that some glitch in the server is causing a failure to download selected subsets of the .prp files?

I was having a similar problem setting up Deep Island, but I solved that one by repeating the installation using a fresh install of URU: CC.
Last edited by Moulton on Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moulton

Re: Difficulties setting up Gehn Shard client

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:58 pm

It sounds like your MOULa install is out of date. We don't host all of the PRP files on the Gehn server for legal reasons. However, you can force your Gehn install to grab the correct version from the MOULa server by running the Gehn Shard - Repair utility found in the Gehn Shard folder in your start menu. You may have to run it a few times for everything to be fixed.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Re: Difficulties setting up Gehn Shard client

Postby Moulton » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:18 pm

Aha! That solved the problem. I did have to run the Repair Utility multiple times, but eventually it worked.

Many thanks.

I also solved a similar issue with Deep Island, by starting over from scratch with a clean installation of Uru: CC.
Moulton

Return to Gehn Shard