Gehn.25 Live!

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: Gehn.25 Live!

Postby Deledrius » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:27 am

Acorn wrote:The error message said this was a serious error and that I should let you have my logs, but you'll need to remind me where to find them and how you'd like me to share! :? :oops:

There should be a shortcut in your Start Menu named "Gehn User Profile" that will take to you your profile, which contains a log folder. If you're using a recent version of Windows that hides everything in the Start Menu, you can paste %LOCALAPPDATA%\Uru - Gehn Shard into the address bar of Explorer. You can either post the zip here, or in a PM to Hoikas, if you don't have a file-sharing host your prefer.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Acorn » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:46 am

Deledrius wrote: a log folder. You can either post the zip here, or in a PM to Hoikas, if you don't have a file-sharing host your prefer.

Thanks, found one, will look for the other one - do you want the whole folder to be zipped and submitted?

Edited - first log - entire - zipped and dropboxed in pm to you, Deledrius, as well as to Adam. Let me know if it worked! Will now look for the one from the shard crash.

second edit - second set of logs now zipped, dropboxed and pm-ed. Over to you!
Acorn

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:37 pm

I'll be running the server in a debugger for awhile to look at the spyroom crash. Y'all don't be surprised if we're like a yo-yo for a time.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:14 pm

I've put a(nother) bandaid on the problem. At some point, I will need to go through the entire database and clean up some things. This "fun" problem brought to you by the fact that "SpyRoom" and "spyroom" are not equivalent (and that Cyan used both in the files).
Tsar Hoikas

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:00 pm

I just bandaged another problem that crashed the server when people were poking at things they ought not to. You should see less yo-yoing of the server availability now.
Tsar Hoikas

Postby Annabelle » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:37 pm

Ah real nice to see there are still new involvements! I'm looking forward to the 5th Anniversary marker quest! :)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Acorn » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:22 am

I sent a PM plus logs a few days ago about my secondary account avvie crashing when going to Ahnonay. I thought that maybe the avvie was corrupt but I've just experimented by swapping laptops and avvies, and now the crash is when my primary avvie goes to Ahnonay. It's my old Win7 laptop where the crash happens. Not noticed any similar crash anywhere else yet. Let me know if you need any more logs. :roll:
Acorn

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:32 pm

Hotfix #2 has just been pushed out with a (theoretical) fix for some of the most severe crashes that have been reported. Further, peons can no longer delete the Gehn 25th Anniversary marker quest.
Tsar Hoikas

Postby Acorn » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:59 am

Tsar Hoikas wrote: the Gehn 25th Anniversary marker quest.

It took 20 years to fix - wow! :lol:

But seriously - good work, thanks! Looking forward to trying these fixes out when the Shard is back up.
Acorn

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:29 pm

OK, back up. Maybe eventually I will figure out this crash on the server...
Tsar Hoikas

PreviousNext

Return to Gehn Shard