Timers in Tsogal and Delin

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Timers in Tsogal and Delin

Postby Jeffrey » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:45 pm

I know the answer if most likely no, which I can understand, but never hurts to ask. ;) Is it at all possible for the timers in Tsogal and Delin changed so the age can be solved alone? Reason I ask if there is usually not a lot of people on here at the same time for door runs.
Jeffrey

Re: Timers in Tsogal and Delin

Postby Deledrius » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:47 pm

The timers are built in to the game data itself. While it might be possible to hack around that, it would probably require considerable effort and would likely introduce stability issues. At this time we have no plans to adjust the timing of that puzzle on Gehn.

If you need a group to solve the Gardens, it's possible to coordinate here on the forum to find people who will be happy to assist you. I believe it's a common method. I sympathize with the desire to have it be possible to solve as a solitary player. Fortunately the community here is very eager to log in and help players make it through those sections of the game.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Jeffrey » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:56 pm

Ok no problem. Thanks. I was just asking because I know it was done with the conversion with Drizzle for the offline version.
Jeffrey

Postby Annabelle » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:29 pm

Offline URU using Drizzle is a nifty bundle of hacks. Same thing goes with an alcugs-based shard like Deep Island. That's the reason why they are standing on the wrong side of legality, for our own (guilty) pleasure though... ;) :lol:

Gehn Shard on the other hand is a MOUL-based shard. The extent of the hacks enabling to run that shard is less extensive. I don't know all the intricacies of the deal but I'm pretty sure they cannot alter any of the assets of the game. In which assets, we find things like panic zones, collisions, sound regions, game mechanics, etc. During events, they can alter them, I've been in such events where they would mess up a given age but it's always a temporary thing, (the bots in MOULa shard do that on a permanent basis, it doesn't change the assets on a permanent basis though).

And we don't have to look very far to find "official hacks" made by Cyan themselves... MOULa shard has one of the most popular hack in the community making every other shard looks cheap in comparison... they have enabled all the sparklies at once! In this deal, we gain in speed to collect all sparklies but everyone is questioning the other shards why they have a policy of: "one sparkly by month". The quickest answer to that is, everyone is doing it right except MOULa with their hack ;)

So altering journey door time would might be consider like altering an asset. For a MOUL-shard like TOC MOUL, the line is really thin. They get away with their "City of Dimension" because they keep a live version of City of Ae'gura. They would drop it, it would be illegal. They created an exact copy of Ae'gura and then altered it on permanent basis.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Return to Gehn Shard