Bug Report: Crashing At The Cleft--The Game Crashing

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: Bug Report: Crashing At The Cleft--The Game Crashing

Postby Sparky. » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:52 pm

Ahnonay Cathedral link into Ahnonay has crashed. I believe Tsar Hoikas that you mentioned that you worked on this? Was there something that I was suppose to do that I missed? Thanks for your help!
Attachments
Log.zip
(82.12 KiB) Downloaded 377 times
Sparky.

Postby Acorn » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:30 pm

Ahnonay was the first Gehn25 crash I reported (apart from the spyroom) - it was crashing for me both direct from the book in Relto and via the Cathedral. But I don't think Tsar Hoikas has yet said he has a fix for that.

And while he said he had designed a fix for the cleft problem, I don't think he's applied it yet - he said he hoped to get a hotfix down the tubes "soon" :lol:

We were advised to be patient, Sparky! ;)

(post edited to correct grammar)
Acorn

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:08 pm

Sparky, your first one was the same old crash, but the second was a new one. It fits a general pattern that I have noticed since we updated to a new internal component. I think I can fix that one and make the code a little bit nicer as well, but again, patience. ;) I do also have an unproven fix for folks being able to remove the marker quest from the global inbox. I need to test that first :ugeek:. I'm settling back into "well" now, so hopefully I can get the hotfix down over the long weekend.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Sparky. » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:45 am

Yes, I thought I needed to wait. Must learn patience. :) Thank you for all your help Tsar Hoikas, especially since you've been sick! Hope you're feeling better soon.
Sparky.

Postby Acorn » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:00 pm

Just completed the cleft with my new Win7 laptop avvie, so that hotfix seems to work! Thanks, Adam!
Acorn

Postby Ehren » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:15 pm

I just crash no matter what I do, generally I have just enough time to load Relto and if I'm fast enough start linking to an age from a book, but after a short time I get this error:

"URU has experienced a serious error and needs to close. Please submit your log folder to the developer."

The sad thing is that it forces me to close the game, even though URU seems to be running smoothly and the error popup just outright incorrect. Like if the error appears while I'm linking out of Relto, I can still end up seeing the loading screen and then the destination age appear, and judging by the logs the client is still communicating with the server fine, it's just that error dialog forces me to quit.

I just now cleaned out my log folder of old files, logged on, loaded Relto, clicked to link to Teledahn, got error box while Relto was still fading out, loaded Teledahn. (The crash happens anywhere after a sort period of time, but I just used Teledahn as an example.) So, I don't know if it will help but here is these logs too.

Log.zip
(97.21 KiB) Downloaded 389 times
Ehren

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:29 pm

According to your logs, you are using Windows XP. I don't understand how the client is even working on Windows XP (it shouldn't even launch), but Windows XP is not supported... Please let us know if the crash continues on a modern version of Windows.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Highyena » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:11 pm

I've also gotten the crash telling me to send my logs when linking to Ahnonay via the cathedral and Minkata via the library (oddly enough, I still had the Minkata book added to my shelf, though it crashes from there as well). I've attempted these links multiple times, and the result is always the same.
Attachments
Log.rar
(369.72 KiB) Downloaded 379 times
Highyena

Re: Bug Report: Crashing In Minkata

Postby Sparky. » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:28 pm

Tsar Hoikas, thank you for all your help with the other fixes, they are working great! Minkata is not cooperating. I tried to link into Minkata through the link book in my Relto and it crashed right after I tried to link in. :o Sadness. :( Is there something else that I need to do? Thank you for your help!
Attachments
Log.zip
(85.88 KiB) Downloaded 365 times
Sparky.

Previous

Return to Gehn Shard