Bug Report: Crashing At The Cleft--The Game Crashing

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: Bug Report: Crashing At The Cleft--The Game Crashing

Postby hhhenry » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:24 pm

I'm a bit further with a new explorer, This time, I could talked to Zandi, went to cleft just walking around crash pls forward logs.
hhhenry

Postby Sparky. » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:23 pm

I never had an issue while talking with Zandi. I always had issues while: I was running around, when I climbed down the ladder into the cleft, pushed the button to open/close the door in the cleft, or pushed the button on the imager. I cannot get Yeesha's message on the imager as it ALWAYS crashes when I push the button.
Sparky.

Postby Acorn » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:47 am

I took my new avvie, the one who crashed when Zandi first spoke, back to the cleft. For some reason, two versions of the music track (not Peter Gabriel but the background music) were playing, not in sync with each other, which was a new one on me, but maybe it was an artefact of the previous crash. Zandi spoke but I didn't get the welcome message I'd missed before. I was able to pick up the cloth amongst the bones and then headed into the cleft and was just walking along one of the paths in front of the closed cave door when I crashed again.

I've submitted several crash logs already, and don't want to overload you, so let me know if you want this one.
Acorn

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:49 am

I appreciate any crash.dmps that are submitted :). Most of the ones I've looked at don't make any sense at all, but Sparkie's showed me a place that can definitely crash. I've fixed that locally, so hopefully we can get a hotfix down the tubes soon for that. I'm at about 9 out of 10 sick however, so be patient with me :(
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Sparky. » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:59 pm

It's encouraging that you are able to see where it's crashing, so it can be fixed. I didn't realize that we were to send you an update for each crash even if it crashes in a different place. That's good to know. Thank you for your help Tsar Hoikas! :)
Sparky.

Postby Sparky. » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:25 pm

This is the upload about the crash that occurs when I push the button on the imager that gives Yeesha's message.
Attachments
Log.zip
(131.79 KiB) Downloaded 360 times
Sparky.

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:32 pm

Both of you are reporting the same crash that I've already designed a fix for ;)
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Sparky. » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:46 pm

Thank you so much! :)
Sparky.

Postby Acorn » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:49 am

yay :D - and when 90% sick too :o Get well soon. :)
Acorn

Postby Sparky. » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:40 pm

The Cleft has crashed again. I was making my way to get to the imager, but I didn't even make it into the imager room. This time the game crashed while I was in the "kitchen" room, where the mill stone is. Maybe I'm not meant to get Yeesha's message and go through the tree. :lol: Thank you for your help.
Attachments
Log.zip
(86.25 KiB) Downloaded 374 times
Sparky.

PreviousNext

Return to Gehn Shard