Bug Report: Crashing At The Cleft--The Game Crashing

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Bug Report: Crashing At The Cleft--The Game Crashing

Postby Sparky. » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:42 pm

Please, may I have assistance in finding out why my game keeps crashing? I link to the Cleft from my Relto and start down the rope ladder (into the cleft) and am able to walk around a wee-bit, when oops! ERROR! And sadly, there goes my game. It closes down and pops up a brief message about "uploading my log". I have clicked on the Gehn Shard - Repair icon on my computer, in hopes that this would fix the problem and logged back in. But alas, there is something about climbing down the rope ladder in the cleft and my game ending. Help?
Last edited by Sparky. on Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sparky.

Bug Report: Crashing At Ahnonay Age --The Game Crashing

Postby Sparky. » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:29 pm

Oh wow! This crash issue isn't just particular to the Cleft. It also happens when I tried to link from Ahnonay Cathedral to Ahnonay Age. Link from the Cathedral and ERROR! Crash...sadness. And same message as before, "Serious error, upload log folder." Hmmm...
Last edited by Sparky. on Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sparky.

Bug Report: Crashing At Minkata--The Game Crashing

Postby Sparky. » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:04 pm

Third crash comes when I linked to Minkata.
Last edited by Sparky. on Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sparky.

Re: Crashing At The Cleft--The Game Crashing

Postby Acorn » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:20 pm

Hi, I get the same crash when linking to Ahnonay - either when using the book from my relto or when trying to transit from the cathedral. But it only happens on one of my laptops (win7) and not the other, more modern one. I have submitted logs for it. Recently I had the same crash at Minkata too - again on my older laptop. I've not tried the cleft on my old laptop but I will now, and edit my post with the result. :roll:

Edited - tried sunny cleft (already completed) - no crashes on the ladder. Was yours sunny, rainy or incomplete?

But went back to relto, took out the Minkata book and crashed again.
Acorn

Re: Crashing At The Cleft--The Game Crashing

Postby Sparky. » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:34 pm

For the Cleft it was sunny. Bummer. Can't even get through the Cleft
Sparky.

Bug Report: Crashing At The Cleft, Ahnonay Age & Minkata

Postby Sparky. » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:31 pm

I wanted to upload a zipped file of my log as I didn't realize that I was suppose to do that. I have now tried three times to attached said zipped folder and it refuses to attach. The message that it keeps giving me is: "could not upload attachment file." Am wondering if it is possible that the zip file is too big? Help...
Sparky.

Re: Bug Report: Crashing At The Cleft, Ahnonay Age & Minkata

Postby Acorn » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:45 pm

Sparky. wrote:I wanted to upload a zipped file of my log as I didn't realize that I was suppose to do that. I have now tried three times to attached said zipped folder and it refuses to attach. The message that it keeps giving me is: "could not upload attachment file." Am wondering if it is possible that the zip file is too big? Help...

Following advice from Deledrius, I put mine into dropbox and sent the link via pm to Tsar Hoikas - seemed to work
Acorn

Re: Bug Report: Crashing At The Cleft--The Game Crashing

Postby Deledrius » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:44 pm

Sparky. wrote:I wanted to upload a zipped file of my log as I didn't realize that I was suppose to do that. I have now tried three times to attached said zipped folder and it refuses to attach. The message that it keeps giving me is: "could not upload attachment file." Am wondering if it is possible that the zip file is too big? Help...

It would seem the forum isn't allowing attachments at the moment. I'll notify Hoikas. Meanwhile, if you have a third-party host (Dropbox, OneDrive, OwnDrive, iCould, GoogleDrive, etc.) you can share it that way as suggested by Acorn. :)

Edit: Hoikas has fixed the attachment bug. We should be able to use the forum once again!
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Acorn » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:02 am

Sparky, I fired up a new avvie to do the cleft from scratch and I confirm your cleft crash - mine crashed as Zandi started speaking for the first time. This was on my old win7 laptop which is where I experience the other crashes you and I have reported.

I'll track down the logs and zip them up - it's the most recent that will have the cleft crash.
Acorn

Postby Sparky. » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:22 pm

Thank you Deledrius and Acorn for your assistance and help. I'm attaching my log file for it crashing in: the Cleft, Ahnonay and Minkata. Thank you again!
Attachments
Log.zip
(202.09 KiB) Downloaded 388 times
Sparky.

Next

Return to Gehn Shard