RIP dear Wamduskasapa

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

RIP dear Wamduskasapa

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:00 am

With deepest sadness and very heavy heart i am sorry to inform you that Al Edwards - our beloved friend and age developer WAMDUSKASAPA - passed away Febuary 7 2017.

His intelligence, knowledge and above all - kind heart - will always be remembered. Al was a very special friend, always there for me and everyone who needed him.

I will never forget you my buddy. You will be sorely missed.

May your Spirit and Soul have a continued and enjoyable walk on the Road Of Life and Exploration beloved buddy. May you fly free of pain with your totem - Raven.

(please visit the age he co-created - R'Oshanhnin Korvahkhn as well as his site here: http://www.wamduskasapa.com/)
Zesty of Xeniphers

Re: RIP dear Wamduskasapa

Postby Acorn » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:03 am

I don't look at a fish trap without remembering you, dear Wamduskasapa :cry:
Acorn

Postby dendwaler » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:39 am

I am deeply touched and shocked by this sad message,
and not prepared for it, although i knew Al struggled with health.
We all loose a Friend in him for sure.
I knew him as a kind , open minded and very honest person,
with a rich fantasy.
I shared some files with him, because he wanted to build an age .
His age,
"The Blue Garden" in the strange blue Mountains ,

It was his idea , his story, of a native indian in the D'ni world.
Unfortunately , this cooperative building only slowly progressed.
.........as Agebuiding always does.
I regret that he never had the chance to walk around in his own spiritual virtual Age by life.
I hope he can explore it now, to its fully.
Who knows?

Al,
I will miss you in the journey of life.
my thoughts are with you and your beloved

( This is the journeycloth originally intended for the Blue Garden )
Last edited by dendwaler on Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Dulcamara » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:43 am

I read today with dismay that Wamduskasapa has left us. :cry:

It was his greatest dream that his Age Bluegarden would go online some day.
Too bad that he can not experience it anymore.

My sincere condolences to his family.

Good bye Wam,
i miss you
Dulcamara

Postby Seppolo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:31 am

Wamduskasapa ...

Have a lot of you and read about your projects. I've never known you so correctly. It is certain that we have walked through the caverns.
You will be missing me and the community :(

Rest in peace good friend.

My sincere condolences to the family.
„Myst will never forgotten“

Seppolo

Postby Sirius » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:28 pm

I am really saddened to hear we won't get to read anything from Wam anymore. He really was such a great person, and he was on these forums for as long as I can remember. I don't spend a lot of time online chatting with people from Myst, and therefore did not know him as much as some other people here, and yet I am moved by his passing and will surely miss him.
I'm not really good with words, but I think it's worth mentioning this: Myst and Uru were Wamduskasapa's way of escaping reality - giving him the possibility to walk again and go exploring when he could not in real life because of his health issues. To me it's heart warming to know he was able to spend so much time here with us, and that it brought him so much joy for so long. I think that's what I'll remember most from him: how he always remained optimistic about everything. Heh, that, and his love for the native American culture - I don't think I've ever met someone so passionate about it, which was really a nice and enriching experience :)
I wish the best to his family, and dear Wam, I hope "we'll meet again in another Age someday".
Sirius

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:07 am

a get-together for Wam will take place on March 1st at 7:00 KI and 12:00 KI in MOULa - Ae'gura. (March 1st 2017 would have been Wam's 69th birthday).

Wamduskasapa's name has been added to the Explorers Memorial so we will start from Kahlo Pub and then move to the GUILD OF WIZARDS hood of which he was a member .......

the event is open to everyone and the time is open too. you can join us at any time for a minute of silence and remembrance or if you did not know Wam, to show respect and say farewell to a great fellow explorer.
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby Chuckles58 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:32 pm

Another explorer added to the Memorial in Kahlo Pub. He was an inspiration to those of us on the sidelines.

I have a question regarding his music. He had released some delightful flute music, but the tracks were unnamed. Does anybody know if he later named them? I would enjoy them more if they bore the names he felt were appropriate. I have added the tracks he made for his Blue Garden age.

Rest now Wam, you will be missed.
Image<----Click for info
Chuckles58

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:20 am

Chuckles58 wrote:I have a question regarding his music. He had released some delightful flute music, but the tracks were unnamed. Does anybody know if he later named them? I would enjoy them more if they bore the names he felt were appropriate. I have added the tracks he made for his Blue Garden age.

Chuckles58 you have a PM from me.
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:14 am

hello Chuckles58,

i am organizing and leading a project to finish Wam's age Blue Garden. i replied to your message. please contact me, thanks
Zesty of Xeniphers

Next

Return to Gehn Shard