RIP dear Wamduskasapa

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: RIP dear Wamduskasapa

Postby Doobes » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:54 pm

It has begun:

Show Spoiler

Right now, it's mostly just getting things acclimated for Korman, which can make the Age shard ready (Gehn and TOC, that is). As you can see, I've also been playing around with lightmaps.

Thanks to Dulcamara for preparing and packing the files for me!

I hope wherever Wam is, he likes the work done so far. :)

More to come!
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby Deledrius » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:49 pm

Glad to see it, Doobes! Thank you for taking on this project. :)
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby dendwaler » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:45 am

Hey Guys,
don't know exactly how to say this..., i am a bit confused right now.

You know why?
Its because i started years ago with building this Blue Garden age in cooperation with Wamduskasapa.
Wam told the story and he made a few drawings.
I builded the age completely from scratch, and sended it to WAM , because afterall, it was his idea i tried to follow and to forfill .
We decided to share a dropbox around this age and so we did.
Wam often lagged behind a bit because i only uploaded the files that could be exported in Blender.

Then we had a long pause in building.
Mainly my fault because i was eager to finish my main project "the Cathedral", which took me far longer then i expected and i simply did not manage it to combine the two projects at the same time.

During that time Wam sended the files to Dulcamara.
and she also contrubuted some elements in the age.
Nothing wrong with that , i fully agree and respect that. ..and i gave Wam my permission to do so when he asked.
And i asked him,....if others contribute , let them do it in a separated prp, thats the easiest way of integrating things coming from different sources at different times.
After that nobody worked on the project for a few month.

Once I finished the Cathedral , i started again to cooperate on the "Blue Garden"
Unfortunately i had some starting problems, mainly because (for me) the prp files where changed in a way that was setup wrong .
A complete misunderstanding of how prp's can help when working together on the same project.
I struggled to correct it, and i was building new items at the same time,
and was trying to get the age in Korman as well.
I did not succeed , because Korman was not able to do certain things. (at that time of development! it was not even able to handle several prp's, don't know about now.)

I did not hear much from Wam , and he was not very often on the forum .
Sad enough , we all know why now .

Though I still own the shared dropbox account and the files , with textures he suggested, latest from 30-11-2016.

... and now for sudden i read ,.. some people have taken it over and go away with old Blendfiles i never distributed, without even informing me .

There must have been people that could have expected that i was still continuing this project.. even with the current silence.

That upsets me and makes me feel sad, realy sad.

Martin

alias denDwaler

Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Dulcamara » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:22 am

Hello Dendwaler,
sorry to read that you are a litte bit confused. But now i am also....

During that time Wam sended the files to Dulcamara.
and she also contrubuted some elements in the age.
Nothing wrong with that , i fully agree and respect that. ..and i gave Wam my permission to do so when he asked.
After that nobody worked on the project for a few month.

Wamduskasapa sent me in Januar 2016 one blendfile, sounds and textures (via Skype). Zesty have had asked me to work in advance for Wamduskasapa. Wam had not say that the work was from you. I thought he was familiar with Blender and it has been his own work. But i saw your textures from Turtle Isle and your Cloths, with your own original script that you gave me for Elodea in the beginning (I use a modified script from Fruti). So I suspected that you were the builder of the Blendflies.
He asked me to work on it becouse nobody would do it. I asked him if he want to learn something in Blender. We tryed to work via skype togehter, but it was very hard. He was not able to work with Blender. Maybe I have too little patience as a teacher. :oops:
So i realized his wishes in this time. I worked over a week on this project and it was my holliday. He have had so much wishes, but i was not able to fulfill it in this short time. I said that i have no more time, to spend on this project, becouse i have had my to finish my own ages .
I have had not know that he give you the Blenfiles back. So the fotos from Doobes are from my last work on it.

I would not have thought of working on it if Zesty had not asked me this week.
I felt a bit put under pressure, so I did it, becouse I have back on holiday.

Doobes is not to blame, he did not know anything about it. He also followed only Zesty's wish.
And i gave him the data to have my quiet.

I am not claiming this age as my work. However, I feel a little exploited. Sorry that i have to say this.
I hope you and Doobes can work together and thus fulfill Wamduskasa's dream.

The idea behind it is a good thing.
To finish Wamduskasapas dream.

Greetings
Dulcamara

By the way, nice Tomahawk. I like it very much. :)

:? :? I hope that no one misunderstands anything. You know my english is bad and I have now determined ten times with Google Translator back and forth translated to choose not the wrong words and insult someone. :? :?
Dulcamara

Postby dendwaler » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:05 am

thanks for the explanation Dulcamara,
and please understand that i do not Blame you nor Doobes at all!

Good that you mentioned that Wam did not tell you that i was the builder.
It only proofs the intention of Wam and me to keep Wam as the main builder, because it is his spiritual child.
Actualy you can consider this as an agreement between us, because he was not able to build in Blender , but he so desperately wanted to contribute as a writer.
So I decided to help him to achieve this.
He revealed his story slowly during building. I could understand that , but maked it hard to get some overview which you need as a builder.
However i know some elements and puzzles that have to be taken in.
But the true story is a native indian story, which i do not know. He kept the surprises for a later moment that will never come.
Every animal , every feather , every step has a meaning.
A meaning only He knew.
I am sorry it did not end that way.
...So i am not claiming this age either but i do feel surpassed, even if it was not intended.

Thx for your compliment Dulcamara, yes this Totem picture was the last approved item that Wam saw from this age during development.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Dulcamara » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:15 am

I hope so that you and Doobes could work togehter. You are both grandiose age builder.
Dulcamara

Postby Doobes » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:02 am

This is why I was apprehensive of this in the first place. I did not want to be stepping on any toes, which, apparently, I've done anyway.

Clearly, we need someone to spearhead this project...or at least delegate assignments. I know it sounds almost boss-like, but it's the only way this will work.

Here is what I propose:

Dulcamara and dendwaler can build and texture the various objects for the Age. I will, if needed, jump in to offer help in that, but it's clear that other people have their ideas on what to do for that since I did not know Wamduskasapa that well nor did I talk to him about this project. Be sure to get Zesty involved as well since she also has some ideas.

When all is said and done on the building front, I can take the project and add my lighting and lightmapping expertise as seen in the screenshots above. I can also port things into Korman so that the Age can be ready for a possible shard release someday. Note that, currently, this will deactivate the cameras since Korman can't do those yet, but that's not to say that option won't be available in the near future and before a potential release. Everything else should still be workable.

I'd help on the PyPRP front, but honestly, I've moved on from that plugin. ;)

With all that said, I suggest we move the conversation over to viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6252 and leave this one for remembrances for Wam.
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby Dulcamara » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:53 am

That is a very good idea. Sorry that we are discussing here.

Rest in peace Wamduskasapa.
Dulcamara

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:49 am

hello everyone, first of all, i suggest we move this discussion to a NEW thread, dedicated to finishing Blue Garden age.

i did not know about Dendwaler's involvement in this project. Wam did mention that he started to build it with someone, saying also how that person did not have the time to continue working with him, at which point i suggested to him to get in contact with Dulcamara, which he did. i am sorry if we hurt your feelings Dendwaler. it was completely unintentional.

true enough, i was not involved in building the age, but i DO know the story, Wam's story. very well. we were close friends, talked on Skype every day for several years, and we did discuss his age many times, adding ideas, discussing details etc.

after Wam passed, i decided to see what it could be done to bring his dream to life. that's all. i hope you will see this as a noble gesture, to help your fellow explorer and age builder realize his dream. even though Wam is not among us in flesh, he is in spirit. all involved will be properly credited, have no doubt about it.

so thank you Doobes for willing to finish Wam's age.

however, since Wam is not here anymore to join us in this discussion, i suggest that we continue this discussion as i sad in a new thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6846

with that said, i will repeat Dulcas words - RIP dear Wam.
Zesty of Xeniphers

Previous

Return to Gehn Shard