[Resolved] Portals in Pod Ages do not appear

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

[Resolved] Portals in Pod Ages do not appear

Postby Zerofool » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:45 am

Hi, it looks like the portals in the Pod Ages do not appear. First, I waited for it in Negilahn, but it did not appear, so I decided to make sure it works at Payiferen. I was looking at the light beams in the Payiferen Pod, and there was no Portal appearing in the period between 5 minutes before and 5-10 minutes after the beams were matching the plates/stones/markers on the ground.
Is anybody else experiencing the same behavior or am I doing something wrong?

I don't think any logs would help in this case, but please let me know if I can assist in any way.
Last edited by Zerofool on Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zerofool

Re: Portals in Pod Ages do not appear

Postby Acorn » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:15 am

Hi, Zerofool, last time I tried, the Pod Age portals worked for me. I usually use one of the pod clocks, eg https://www.uru-reallife.com/dnidatetime/release6/negilahn/ to time my visits, so I haven't matched up the beams of light to the arrival of the portal in the way you have done. Maybe try using one of the clocks next time (be there 10 mins or so ahead of time just to be sure?) And, if I can, I'll try it your way to see if I can reproduce your issue. :)

Edited - later - Negilahn portal arrived on cue but as my avvie entered, we crashed with a Net5 :(

Edited - even later - Payiferen portal appeared on time, I picked up the donut slice this time. So all seems to be working OK. It was around three and a half mins earlier than the time on the pod clock linked above.
Acorn

Re: Portals in Pod Ages do not appear

Postby Zerofool » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:22 pm

Hi, Acorn, thanks for responding. I was using that same particular Pod Ages calendar but when it didn't work for Negilahn, I presumed that the server time for the Gehn shard is different from the one where MOULa is running (maybe few minutes mismatch or completely different timezone). That's why I decided to go to the "reference" pod - Payiferen. Well, the timezones are the same between the Gehn shard server and the MOULa server, but there are 5 minutes difference, it appears.
Acorn, I followed your advice and got there even earlier than I did before and yes, it works. Maybe when I tested previously I got there only 3-4 minutes before the "clock" and missed the portal, although, the rays of light appear as if they are yet to reach the optimal position on the ground. Anyways, my latest experience was that the portals appear about 5 minutes and 5 seconds earlier than the "clock", so I guess there's a bit of variance.
Thanks again.
Zerofool

Re: [Resolved] Portals in Pod Ages do not appear

Postby Korovev » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:50 am

Keep in mind that all the predictors give average times, portals can appear a few minutes before or after the given time. I think ±5 min is the usual margin, but sometimes it can be more.
Also, if you use CWalter’s predictor, keep in mind it must be calibrated (one precise observation per pod is enough).
Last edited by Korovev on Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Postby Acorn » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:51 am

You're welcome :P
Acorn

Postby Deledrius » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:48 pm

Zerofool wrote:I don't think any logs would help in this case, but please let me know if I can assist in any way.

The logs would show the portal activation (or a script crash causing unexpected failure).
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Return to Gehn Shard