Crashing In Minkata & Ahnonay

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Crashing In Minkata & Ahnonay

Postby Sparky. » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:48 am

I was so incredibly excited that I was able to go into Minkata today! So very excited!!!! I enjoyed wandering around as before this it had crashed before I could ever get into the Age. Well all good things must come to an end and I decided to return to Relto and can you guess? Yup, it crashed, with the lovely "Serious error upload your log" message. So a wee-bit of a problem. I do hope that it will let me go back into the Age.

I then decided to see if it would be so nice and let me into exploring Ahnonay as that too has never happened and has ALWAYS crashed before I could get to the age. Well, Ahnonay still does not want to play nice and let me come for a visit as no matter how I try to visit the age, up pops the message that a serious error has occurred and I need to upload my log. Yup, no visiting as it crashed again today. Any help on getting Ahnonay to play nicely and let me come for a visit?

Thanks for all the help! :)
Attachments
Log.zip
(180.55 KiB) Downloaded 313 times
Sparky.

Re: Crashing In Minkata & Ahnonay

Postby Sparky. » Tue May 02, 2017 9:32 pm

I was able to get into Minkata briefly tonight and was excited. I found the first kiva and touched the stone saying, "Find your path in the stars." A squiggly line on the stone glowed and I climbed out of the kiva and nothing happened. Shouldn't it have been night? I went to link to Relto and "Serious error submit your log" message popped up and bye-bye game. I enjoyed running through Minkata for the brief time that I got. ;)
Attachments
Log.zip
(339.31 KiB) Downloaded 316 times
Sparky.

Postby Sparky. » Tue May 02, 2017 9:42 pm

P.S. Ahnonay still won't let me in for a visit. Either I get the serious error message, or Ghen Shard becomes non-responsive and I have to completely close the game.
Sparky.

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Mon May 15, 2017 7:24 pm

I spent a few minutes trying to reproduce these crashes to no avail tonight. What operating systems are we using? I'm on Windows 10.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Acorn » Tue May 16, 2017 10:20 am

I get these crashes when I use my Win 7 laptop. My Win 10 one works fine.
Acorn

Postby hhhenry » Fri May 19, 2017 4:11 pm

Same crash. Same operating system Win 7.
hhhenry

Postby Deledrius » Fri May 19, 2017 4:45 pm

I haven't been able to duplicate this, and I'm on Win10.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Sparky. » Wed May 24, 2017 9:15 am

It's Windows 7
Sparky.

Postby Highyena » Fri May 26, 2017 3:16 pm

Still having the same issues as well (Windows 7 also). Hopefully it can be resolved in time to get next months sparklie.
Highyena

Postby Sirius » Sat May 27, 2017 2:01 am

Just a random shot in the dark, because I couldn't resist having a look at the logs...

In both Python logs, it seems there is some sort of encoding error. OnPageLoad displays the name of the newly loaded page, and there are invalid characters at the end of both files.
For instance:
Show Spoiler

Maybe it's just an error when printing the names, but if the game does indeed load pages with these names, it will probably crash.
Also, Ahnonay and Minkata both use the ptPageInNode function for loading their areas. Maybe that's an error under Win7 with ptPageInNode ?
In which case it would also happen in Ae'gura and Gahreesen since I recall they also use this function (at least they do on MOULa).
Sirius

Next

Return to Gehn Shard