A Few Questions About Getting Started With Gehn

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

A Few Questions About Getting Started With Gehn

Postby Lehnah » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:39 pm

Hello folks,

I'm really new here, mostly been lurking, but I've a few questions about the Gehn Shard that I've not found the answers to. Apologies in advance if these are a bito n the "duh" side. :D

1. I understand I need to have MOULa installed to use the Gehn Shard (which I do have) but do I need to have CC or anything else installed as well? I've seen a few references to CC in relation to Gehn on the forums.

2. When I start Gehn, I understand it'll be a new instance of MOULa. So does this mean my progress in MOULa will be lost? I've completed the majority of Ages there (user Ages are my main attraction to Gehn) so while not a disaster, it would be slightly annoying to have to do it all again. Actually, if I could just pick up on Gehn where I am at the moment in MOULa that would be awesome! 8-)

3. I've found a bug in MOULa that does not let the Kadish Tolesa Bahro Poll activate (you can read all about my troubles HERE). Assuming the answer to question 2 is "no," then would Gehn fix this bug?

4. Can i use Fly Mode in Gehn, or do I need Offline Ki for that? If so, is Offline Ki I new instance/shard or is it just a tool/addon for Gehn? I'm a little confused on how it operates with the other shards etc.

Thanks in advance for any and all explanations. :D
Lehnah

Re: A Few Questions About Getting Started With Gehn

Postby Deledrius » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:48 pm

Lehnah wrote:Hello folks,

Welcome!

Lehnah wrote:1. I understand I need to have MOULa installed to use the Gehn Shard (which I do have) but do I need to have CC or anything else installed as well? I've seen a few references to CC in relation to Gehn on the forums.

Nope, you only need MOULa (and if you don't have it, the Gehn installer will handle that for you).

Lehnah wrote:2. When I start Gehn, I understand it'll be a new instance of MOULa. So does this mean my progress in MOULa will be lost? I've completed the majority of Ages there (user Ages are my main attraction to Gehn) so while not a disaster, it would be slightly annoying to have to do it all again. Actually, if I could just pick up on Gehn where I am at the moment in MOULa that would be awesome! 8-)

None of your MOULa progress is lost by playing Gehn. Gehn is an entirely separate server, with an entirely separate database of your progress. It is not run by Cyan or connected with Cyan's MOULa in any way. Unfortunately, this does mean you need to start from the beginning here on Gehn, just as with any other server. It would be nice to allow character imports, but as our server has different content and many fixes not yet available on MOULa, this would be complicated at best (and likely not reliable in reality) to accomplish. We do have a slightly different experience on our server, so hopefully playing through the game again will yield a few pleasant surprises.

Lehnah wrote:3. I've found a bug in MOULa that does not let the Kadish Tolesa Bahro Poll activate (you can read all about my troubles HERE). Assuming the answer to question 2 is "no," then would Gehn fix this bug?

I'm not aware of this bug existing on Gehn. If you do run into bugs, we welcome you letting us know: viewtopic.php?f=117&t=5546

Lehnah wrote:4. Can i use Fly Mode in Gehn, or do I need Offline Ki for that? If so, is Offline Ki I new instance/shard or is it just a tool/addon for Gehn? I'm a little confused on how it operates with the other shards etc.

Gehn, much like MOULa, is a story-based experience and not a free-form sandbox. As a player, you only have access to a normal client that doesn't allow debugging tools like flymode. If you wish to use these sorts of tools to explore or build your own Ages, you will want to test on a server such as Destiny, or with the Offline Uru:CC game.

The Offline KI is a modification that is only available for the offline game. The debugging tools and console available in the internal client you can access when building Ages and testing on a server such as Destiny are largely superior and more flexible.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Lehnah » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:03 am

Thanks so much for the explanations, Deledrius. I really appreciate that and it makes things much clearer. Thanks. :D
Lehnah

Postby Deledrius » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:34 am

Glad to be of assistance. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask! :D
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Return to Gehn Shard