Gehn Shard keeps crashing

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Gehn Shard keeps crashing

Postby tlavere » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:32 am

First, let me compliment you on your work. The mouse interface on Gehn Shard is much smoother than on URU-Live. I don't know why, but it's a pleasant surprise.

However, my installation keeps crashing. I downloaded the installer last night and attempted the install. It took several tries and several repairs but I got it to boot. Now I can get to my Relto, but as soon as I attempt to link to the Cleft, my game crashes and I receive the error message telling me that the file clftZandiRadio_Loop.ogg is missing. When I look at the installation files, I find that it is indeed missing from the sfx folder.

I click on the repair procedure in my Windows 10 start menu and it begins the repair. It downloads 7.22Mb, then a .666Mb download. Then I'm given the log in screen. After that, I see the Cyan intro and another download of GUI district files. Once I choose my player avitar, I get to my Relto. But as soon as I attempt to use the Cleft linking book, the game crashes with the same message again and upon inspection, the .ogg file is missing again. I can do the repair again, but the process repeats itself. By the way, after the repair procedure, the .ogg file is back in the sfx folder, but when the game is launched and crashes, the file is gone again.

Fyi, I can use my Neighborhood book to get my KI and return to my Relto, but attempting to use the Cleft book results in the error again.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.
tlavere

Re: Gehn Shard keeps crashing

Postby Doobes » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:05 pm

Cyan replaced the file in an update on their own server not too long ago. They took out Peter Gabriel in favor of something that wasn't copyrighted to make the files easier to distribute. Gehn Shard hasn't been updated for that yet and is still looking on Cyan's server for the older version of the file...hence the crash...but the GoW is no doubt already working on a fix. Just avoid the cleft for now. ;)
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:08 pm

You're experiencing a major case of "bad timing, old chap."

Long story short, the file you mention, clftZandiRadio_Loop.ogg was just updated by Cyan, and we have yet to update it ourselves. I am going to blow away the server's knowledge of that file for now so that you and others can proceed.

Edit: The offending files have been forgotten by the server. The correct files will be added in the next Gehn update.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Deledrius » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:24 pm

Tsar Hoikas wrote:You're experiencing a major case of "bad timing, old chap."

In this case, you had the misfortune of installing between last Thursday and today, right after the first update to Cyan's version of the game in years... ;)
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby tlavere » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:36 pm

Thanks, all. Glad to hear it's not too serious.
tlavere

Return to Gehn Shard