Unable to login to Gehn Shard - is my username an issue?

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Unable to login to Gehn Shard - is my username an issue?

Postby Théodore » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:55 pm

Hi,

Everytime I try logging in to Gehn Shard, I'm getting a runtime error. I tried every fixes out there but with no avail. Something got my attention though; on every attempt to log back in, my username is Theodore instead of Théodore in the dialog box.

I'm wondering if that could be the issue as to why I'm not able to access it. If that is the case, could an administrator be kind enough to change my username by removing the accent on the first "e". Don't worry, it won't offend my cat ;) (his name).

I read a recent post saying the shard would be updated real soon and I would like to discover it before that update.

Thank you,
Théodore

Re: Unable to login to Gehn Shard - is my username an issue?

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:37 pm

Thanks for your report. Due to the interdependence of the services on this website, changing usernames is extremely difficult. That being said, I am pleased to say that this issue will be fixed in Gehn 27, and you will be able to login with your accented username. Gehn 27 will be likely become available this week.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Re: Unable to login to Gehn Shard - is my username an issue?

Postby Théodore » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:33 pm

Great news! 8-)

I prefer that because I started a month ago or so playing on Deep Island and I don't want to loose my progress there (even if I'm barely at the beginning).

Thank you and I'm looking forward to try your shard!
Théodore

Return to Gehn Shard