Gehn.27 Live!

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: Gehn.27 Live!

Postby Ro'Jethhe » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:04 am

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. Logged on early today and there were a couple of updates and POOF I was able to log on... but to my dismay I had to create a new player and I could not use my old avvie's name so I entered Ro"Jethhe and it was excepted and to my surprise I was back to square one at my Relto, no matter starting all over keeps me sharp. I'm a happy camper again. :)
Ro'Jethhe

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:10 am

Ro'Jethhe wrote:THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. Logged on early today and there were a couple of updates and POOF I was able to log on... but to my dismay I had to create a new player and I could not use my old avvie's name so I entered Ro"Jethhe and it was excepted and to my surprise I was back to square one at my Relto, no matter starting all over keeps me sharp. I'm a happy camper again. :)

It appears you have three different accounts. Perhaps this "old avie" is on another account. If you want, I can try merging these accounts.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=8653
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=7679
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=7678
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby jamie_marchant » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:31 am

Well in future you could always write down what instructions normal MOULa uses and then check which ones Gehn uses and see if anyone new ones snuck in their erroneously.

On that note, I feel that at some point in order to add some nice new features we may have to update the system requirements beyond a Pentium III. That's not a joke, MOULa is supposed to run on a Pentium III, https://mystonline.com/en/play/.
jamie_marchant

Postby Charura » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:17 pm

Maybe next time I wait 3 days for fix to complain...Thanx Kitty.
Gehn Shard avvies: charura 10827 chickopee 142711 cannon belle 144577 char gearz 149794 teri dactyl 153077
Moul(a) Charura 55400 Chickopee 20089892 Cannon Belle 13686512 Char Gearz 706359 Teri Dactyl 12658065
Charura

Postby Deledrius » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:27 am

Sirius wrote:Just yesterday, someone was asking on Reddit what the hell Gehn Shard was, and it seems lots of people never heard about the GoW or fan-Ages.

That's depressing. I'm not sure what more we can do about that. Can you link me to this reddit thread?

This is one of the biggest problems with MOULa still running and being a complete dead weight on the community efforts: people have no incentive to seek anything else out, and likewise they assume that Cyan's server is the primary one instead of the last in line.

jamie_marchant wrote:Well in future you could always write down what instructions normal MOULa uses and then check which ones Gehn uses and see if anyone new ones snuck in their erroneously.

... :roll:
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Sirius » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:05 am

Deledrius wrote:That's depressing. I'm not sure what more we can do about that. Can you link me to this reddit thread?

This is one of the biggest problems with MOULa still running and being a complete dead weight on the community efforts: people have no incentive to seek anything else out, and likewise they assume that Cyan's server is the primary one instead of the last in line.

Here. Korovev posts some of the most interesting news on Reddit from time to time. IMHO this is a good way to notify people in the Myst community without hijacking the subreddit. As you can see, it's efficient.

Having MOULa running means Cyan still cares about it, but yeah, Gehn is clearly superior in every way. Even if you ignore new content, just being able to play in widescreen or without the 30fps limit is much better...
Sirius

Postby Théodore » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:52 am

Gehn Shard is indeed far more superior than MOULa.

Playing MOULa:
1) my screen keeps refreshing, I constantly see waves going from the top to the bottom of my screen. It happens only when I go in widescreen resolution, but then I don't like playing in windowed mode;
2) since a week or so, they disabled the markers entirely. We can do the green & red markers, that's it.

Playing Gehn:
1) I play in widescreen and the image is crisp, I don't see waves on my screen;
2) I can create & play marker quests.
Théodore

Postby Théodore » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:40 pm

I might have found a bug.

I created a 2nd avatar on my account and made him the owner of a brand new neighborhood.

There are 2 issues:
1) 2 missing stained glasses (Tre'bedvil & garden);
2) the garden itself.

Literally, I cannot reach either Delin or Tsogal as I don't have any. If you could please add a garden to this fellow (KI #540858, Test Whatever), I'd rather have a Delin since my main avatar has access to Tsogal from GoW(100)'s Bevin. For the stained glasses, please pick whatever, I'll be more glad than without.

Thanks!

EDIT: Added some politeness formulas. I wasn't even angry, I'm forgetful.
Théodore

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:12 pm

These items are added to the Neighborhood when you link in. Try returning to the Neighborhood in question to see if that fixes the issue. If not, please send an invitation to KI #16125 so I can investigate. This issue has been fixed in Gehn 27c.
Tsar Hoikas

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:24 pm

Welcome to Gehn27c! Changes in this build include: fixed Neighborhoods not getting randomized properly; update asset files for the post-AGM session.
Tsar Hoikas

PreviousNext

Return to Gehn Shard