Gehn.27 and the anniversary marker game

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Gehn.27 and the anniversary marker game

Postby Acorn » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:33 pm

I deleted an old avvie to create a new Gehn27 testing avvie, and when this brand new avvie arrived at Relto right at the start of the game, with no Ki, the markers from the Anniversary marker quest were already loaded and my avvie was able to collect one of the island-hopping markers. I opened the Anniversary Quest Kimail but it stated that I had to upgrade my Ki to play the quest. So I collected my Ki, went to the Great Zero antechamber, started calibrating my Ki, and successfully collected my first GZ marker. I thought this would mean that the Anniversary Quest markers would disappear, but I seem to be able to collect both types of marker at the same time, with the Ki display swapping to show the correct number collected (but staying the same purple colour - having started the GZ marker quest as green).

I don't know if this is a glitch, related to my having deleted a previous avvie, or whether this is intended, but I thought I'd flag it, as I haven't experienced this before! And having both sorts of markers on display might confuse new explorers?
Acorn

Re: Gehn.27 and the anniversary marker game

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:52 pm

That sounds like an amusing UX for new players indeed. Onto the list it goes...
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Acorn » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:14 pm

I logged in again to the new avvie and found that the anniversary marker game markers have disappeared. But all is not well. The purple GZ markers I had collected were displayed, but a complete ki-full were showing up as needed, way more than normal. And when I had collected the full set, and I clocked in to the GZ antechamber, they disappeared into the machine but I did not earn the link to the GZ itself. So I think this avvie is officially borked!

I would be able to collect the few remaining GZ markers (apart from the one in the GZ itself) but there is no point if I can't get to the GZ. So I might as well delete this avvie. I'll leave it for a while, just in case you need it for subsequent analysis. I'll try from my secondary account next time. :roll:
Acorn

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:39 pm

The marker brain is probably very, very confused ^_^

This is probably a good time to mention that Gehn.27 removed completing this evil marker game as a requirement for acquiring the GoW T-Shirt ;)
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Théodore » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:42 pm

I don't know what can be the issue here. I have a new avvie, obviously..., and I wasn't able to play the 5th Gehn Anniversary marker game up until I finished collecting the green and red markers which makes sense.

So far, so good (I mean for marker collection) :)

EDIT (in real time): Ahhh That is what I was wondering because I'm playing the game while having the coolest shirt ever with the Gehn shard logo!
Théodore

Postby Acorn » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:17 am

Tsar Hoikas wrote:
This is probably a good time to mention that Gehn.27 removed completing this evil marker game as a requirement for acquiring the GoW T-Shirt ;)

8-) 8-) Evil is just the right adjective!

I had spotted that my other avvie's hard-earned shirt was no longer so exclusive :roll: But she doesn't mind too much ;)

(edited to correct typo)
Acorn

Postby Acorn » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:33 pm

Brand new avvie (not taking the place of a deleted one) is working fine - no anniversary quest markers to be seen, and the GZ link has appeared after the correct number of markers had been collected. :)
Acorn

Postby Acorn » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:07 am

I deleted the borked avvie, created a new one (AcornGehn27c) in its place and started to collect the GZ markers. All seemed well. However, when I logged back in today, the anniversary markers were showing up on Relto again. I have been able to ignore them and collect the GZ markers only, and I am only a few markers away from completion, so I may avoid the problems I hit last time, but it makes me suspect that an underlying issue may be a failure to set all states back to zero when an avvie is deleted.

But what do I know :lol:
Acorn

Return to Gehn Shard