Stuck at "Loading Global ..."

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Stuck at "Loading Global ..."

Postby Ainia » Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:59 pm

Shorah oh powers that be!

I'm installing the Gehn client on a VM running Windows 10. I'm able to run gehn_shard.exe and log into the server successfully. And I get past the splash screen just fine. However, when the client attempts to update, I'm continually stuck at "Loading Global ..." and cannot figure out why.

I've already tried re-running gehn_shard.exe with the same results, so I'm hoping someone can offer me some clues here. I'm willing to offer bribes in virtual chocolate! ;-)

NB: The same VM has installations of both MOULa and Deep Island, which run just fine.
ImageImage
Ainia

Re: Stuck at "Loading Global ..."

Postby Old Wolle » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:04 pm

Hi all,
first sorry for my bad english language.

I know that this thread is older but I think that here is the best place to post.
I'm stuck at 'Loading Global' too and I have no idea why.

I am running a desktop computer with Win10pro 64bit. I built it in September 2019 and installed all my programs, games and all my URUs. I testet all and Gehn and MOULa run fine.
Yesterday I got a nostalgic moment and I try to start Gehn and MOULa. Both installations got a big update and after patching I am able to log in and start (I write both because the problem I have seems to be similar).
I can log in without problems, I got the updates, I see the Cyan logo and here the sound and than gehn stucks at 'Loading Global' and MOULa stucks with a black screen with the book in the middle and a circle moves continuous. And than nothing happenes more.
I get no error, no popup, no entry in the event viewer. I can close the game and that is.
Legacy physx, DX9, Runtimes, OpenAL are installed, my security is Windows only and I have never third party security programs installed.
All my Myst games and my 3 URU installations (DI, offline and original) run fine, only MOULa and Gehn stucks.

I installed Gehn and MOULa competely new but the same problem. I think, the problem is on my computer and it is possible that it is only a little thing.
Unfortunately I had many updates and patches in the last 2 and a half year, the old IE is gone (I use Edge chrome now), Flash is gone, Win10 got many updates and Gehn and MOULa, too so I have no idea what the problem is and where I can start to search.

Is someone here who can help me or can give me a tip, where I can begin to search? I can get no informations about this problem and the old MOULa forum is read only

Thanks
Wolle
The word "vegetarian" has an Indian origin and can be translated as: "the one who is too dumb to hunt".

Das Wort "Vegetarier" hat einen indianischen Ursprung und bedeutet übersetzt "Der zu blöd zum Jagen ist".
Old Wolle

Postby Dulcamara » Wed May 04, 2022 10:15 pm

Hallo Old Wolle,

ich würde dir gerne helfen, aber ich verstehe nicht ganz was das Problem ist.
Leider konnte ich dir keine PM schreiben, das wäre etwas einfacher.
Auch ich habe Win 10 und Google Chrom und bei mir läuft beides Gehn und Moula.
Bei Moula war die Installation überhaupt kein Problem allerdings hängt es schon mal nach einem neuen Update und
es braucht etwas länger bis es startet.
Die Gehninstallation war da schon etwas schwieriger, fehlende Dateien musste ich per Hand einfügen.
Auch Destiny war eine einzige Tüftelarbeit.
Ich bin mir sicher, dass man Moula auch bei Dir ans Laufen bringen kann.
Vielleicht kann ich Dir ja helfen.

Herzliche Grüße
Dulcamara :)
Dulcamara

Postby Old Wolle » Thu May 05, 2022 4:06 am

Hi Dulcamara,

danke für deine Antwort. Ich habe meine Einstellungen hier im Forum mal neu eingestellt und du solltest mir jetzt PMs schicken können.

Leider liegt meine aktive Zeit weit zurück und daher kann ich auch nur vermuten, was der Grund sein kann, dass ich nicht weiter komme.
Ich vermute auch fehlende Dateien auf meinem System und/oder falsche, zu restriktive Einstellungen. Schreibschutz oder ähnliches kann ich ausschließen. Wird Bink eigentlich noch für MOULa oder Gehn benötigt? Davon habe ich nämlich nichts in den Ordnern gefunden.
Das eigentliche Problem ist ja, dass bis ca. vor dem Start der Oberfläche alles ok ist und dann hängen die Spiele. Ich habe noch 33% Grafikkartenauslastung und mehr nicht. Es passiert einfach nichts mehr, egal was ich mache und wie lange ich warte.
Naja, vielleicht kannst du mir ja einen Tip geben, ganz aufgegeben habe ich die Hoffnung noch nicht.

Gruss
Wolle
The word "vegetarian" has an Indian origin and can be translated as: "the one who is too dumb to hunt".

Das Wort "Vegetarier" hat einen indianischen Ursprung und bedeutet übersetzt "Der zu blöd zum Jagen ist".
Old Wolle

Postby Old Wolle » Fri May 06, 2022 7:09 am

Ok, after deleting both installations, deleting personal informations and deleting registry entries from both programs I install MOULa new from scratch.

I got it running but.... after a big upgrade after installing it needs 2 minutes for updates and then 25(!) minutes before I see the character screen. I choose my avatar and then I must wait another 15(!) minutes before I see the world. What happenes in this time? My CPU sleeps, no network traffic, but 33% graphics usage.
And every time I start MOULa I need to wait this ~40 minutes.

Its no fun anymore and I think, I say goodbye to Gehn and use MOULa only for konverting files for URU. That runs without any problems and errors with the new Drizzle32 (thanks to Sirius for the patch).

Wolle

Old Wolle

Return to Gehn Shard