Story Meeting - Results

Originally begun at GoAC, Search for the Springs of Kehlbet is an ambitious fangame project currently seeking major HELP in these areas: Musicians and Sound Design, Concept Artists, Writers and/or Story Consultants, Modelers, Texture Artists, Designers, Voice Actors. Please post inside if you'd like to contribute!

Story Meeting - Results

Postby Kato » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:46 pm

The story has been successfully retooled. Without giving too much away, here's a new summary:
There were secrets in D'ni. No one doubted that. Some were better kept than others, of course. But one secret, which has recently come to our attention, the Art of Writing...was actually uncovered by humans at a much earlier date.

In early 2002, a group of human explorers formed the Ring of Writers, a group of like-minded individuals intended on advancement of the Art. Peaking at around 25 members, the Ring was a private group. But when one particular explorer, with external financial interests, stepped into the Ring, they quickly discovered the benefit of becoming a for-profit organization. They then established a new creed. They would create Ages not for benefit of the Art, but for benefit of themselves. Gold, ore, and slaves were now their objective.

Over 10 Ages were Written into their new canon, but they quickly discovered that they needed a more...specialized Age to store their treasures. Since none of the Writers were able to produce a viable solution in a decent timeframe, an external resource was hired. An explorer from the community who exhibited a large amount of creativity and was involved with several art projects.

This explorer went by the alias Kehlbet.

Kehlbet Wrote the Ring an Age to store their treasures...with most of the Age being essentially a giant lock. He called this Age Sehv Terth'sheegah, the Age of Paths.

But Kehlbet added a bonus to Sehv Terth'sheegah, a reward for an explorer who might, by chance, come upon the Age and solve its mysteries. A place filled with immense treasure, and a place of immense beauty. This area he called the Springs of Kehlbet.

For his work on Sehv Terth'sheegah, he was paid in gold and a position in the Ring. One night, however, in late 2004, a man known today as the Rebel came to the Ring members. He took their keys to the Sehv Terth'sheegah Book, and destroyed them. Except for one. Except for Kehlbet's. No, Kehlbet's he tore into ~ pieces, which he hid in the Ring's ~ Ages.

The Rebel was discovered, tried, and locked away in the prison Age of Guerr. The Ring was unable to access its storage of wealth, and collapsed upon itself. Many Ring members fled the next day, with the rest leaving over the course of several months. The remaining Ring resources were mostly ransacked, and most of the slaves died off or moved from the normally accessible area of the Age.

No one has heard from any known Ring members since then, but the legend of the Springs of Kehlbet's treasure have been spread through the Cavern. You have been following a trail of clues, and it has led you to this strange, dusty old room in an Ahra Pahts shell. You've found a Book. Does it lead to Sehv Terth'sheegah, or is it a trick that leads to certain death?

You have only one choice now--to Link. To use that Book, and to risk your life. But what lies behind this Link? Will there be treasure? Does it even lead to the Age you desire?

No choice now. No way out. You Link.
The basic gist of it is from the other summary, but only to make it sound familiar. We have a VERY fleshed out story document at this point.

If anyone would like to contribute to the story, please send me a PM :)

-Kato
(explorer card designed and created by me)
Kato

Re: Story Meeting - Results

Postby robbieagray » Tue May 06, 2008 9:59 am

Seems pretty good. Might need a little work but it is pretty good.
The Bahro shall rise once more. All hail the Bahro!
robbieagray

Postby robbieagray » Wed May 07, 2008 9:05 am

The slaves :|

Scan1

They then established a new creed. They would create Ages not for benefit of the Art, but for benefit of themselves. Gold, ore, and slaves were now their objective.

Presently we have discussed in the storyline that there were multiple ages with multiple slaves on them but we never truly describe the slaves or their environments.

So I came up with the idea of using a species other then any humaniod or bahro races and instead create a new species for the game.

Due me being a fan of Ytrams and Camidiles I decided to work on a race that was somewhat of a mixture like a walking gecko of sorts. They wield strap armor made out of animal hide and weapons from the bones of other native wildlife.

I have actually drawn my concept of this creature. 8-)
Attachments
scan0001.jpg
scan0001.jpg (250.49 KiB) Viewed 6477 times
Last edited by robbieagray on Thu May 08, 2008 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
robbieagray

Postby Jojon » Wed May 07, 2008 2:55 pm

Great to see you overcoming limitations imposed!

...although this sinister group of nasties feels a bit too young and short-lived - I've seen too much conspiracy-theory pulp, methinks... :9

@Robbie:

There is a box for file attachments right in the message composing form - just add your pictures there (max.250kB files).
Jojon

Postby robbieagray » Thu May 08, 2008 9:53 am

Jojon wrote:@Robbie:

There is a box for file attachments right in the message composing form - just add your pictures there (max.250kB files).

Thanks for the help. 8-)
robbieagray

Postby Jojon » Thu May 08, 2008 12:34 pm

Dang! I knew them raptors would get to me one of these days.

Would you mind trying a really lean and tall, upright variety. Proud and aristorcatic, like, with a spear. Large round eyes and a crested head or frilled neck would probably be good - maybe for some sort of alpha gal/guy/hermafrodite...

I'm in no position to request anything, mind, not being part of the Khelbet team - 'would just like to see it. :9

Oh boy - can't wait to see SftSoK... or do one try joining the team and spoil oneself... :P

"You have seen Dude... He was, I am sure, not very hospitable." :9
Jojon

Postby robbieagray » Thu May 08, 2008 1:28 pm

Jojon wrote:Dang! I knew them raptors would get to me one of these days.

Would you mind trying a really lean and tall, upright variety.

The plan is that they do stand up right. it just that i had them in hunting postions. this drawing was also meant to show the clothing as well as the slaves. And actually they are giant geckos not raptors.

Here is an upright version 8-) :
Attachments
Gecko people scan.jpg
Gecko people scan.jpg (113.81 KiB) Viewed 6412 times
robbieagray

Return to Search for the Springs of Kehlbet