NOT The End??

Originally begun at GoAC, Search for the Springs of Kehlbet is an ambitious fangame project currently seeking major HELP in these areas: Musicians and Sound Design, Concept Artists, Writers and/or Story Consultants, Modelers, Texture Artists, Designers, Voice Actors. Please post inside if you'd like to contribute!

NOT The End??

Postby Mystified Explorer » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:33 pm

Well, by my reckoning the last time any of us did any real work on this was a year ago. We're all really busy with RL it seems, and interest in this project has dried up. I think it is safe to say it's dead. We (Kato and I) were working on a redesign and stuff, but I've been busy with my 3D Animation course and I think Kato is tied up with RL, so it doesn't seem to be getting off the ground. We have concepts for new ages to replace the old ones, but I'm not sure how much has been done. At this point, I think that the release of a complete SftSoK game within Uru is not viable anymore.

However, I'm not going to let the work we have done go to waste. I will try get Kehlbet Cove together and release it at some point, and I will continue working on one of the ages that was meant for this project, and release it when its done as a stand-alone age. However, we could still tie in the ages background story to that of SftSoK, so instead of a game, it's more like a group of related ages - like an episodic game I guess. At this point, I really want to work on some cool, high quality ages and get them out there. I have something in the works at the moment that shows promise :)
Last edited by Mystified Explorer on Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mystified Explorer

Re: Should we can it?

Postby J'Kla » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:34 pm

Just as I find out about it you suggest canning it.

Not that it's a problem I can live with the decision either way :D
J'Kla

Re: Should we can it?

Postby Mystified Explorer » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:16 pm

Yeah I don't know if Kato is still keen on continuing it. He's not been very contactable lately. Well, I'm going to have to withdraw from it I'd say because I just don't have time nowadays or the will to keep trying to get this thing off the ground when the interest has long since dried up. :(
Mystified Explorer

Re: The End

Postby Mystified Explorer » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:39 pm

Well... no replies - I'm taking this as a general lack of interest in keeping this thing going in any form. I'm done. I won't bother myself with this project any more. As far as I'm concerned it is dead now, and has been for some time. Maybe this forum should just be closed and archived? I'm no admin so I can't make those decisions, but I am 99% sure nothing is being done on this, or will ever be done, so it seems to be wasting forum space.

Goodbye.
Mystified Explorer

Postby I.Brattin » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:05 pm

Mystified, does anyone other then Kato have the Blend file? Or did it get that far along? If I wasn't bogged down with my own ages, as well as doing the college grad thing, sending out resumes and such, I would have offered to help.
MOUL Again Ki #'s
I.Brattin - 777796
Jayden Halliwell (IC Explorer) - 54404
I.Brattin

Postby Mystified Explorer » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:48 pm

I don't know. I've tried getting in contact with kato but he won't respond to any of my messages. I've given up trying to be honest. I'm too busy now myself anyway.
Mystified Explorer

Postby Kato » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 am

I find your attitude depressing.

If anyone still wants to help, I'm still game.

I'll talk more about it later.

-Kato
(explorer card designed and created by me)
Kato

Re: NOT The End

Postby Mystified Explorer » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:58 pm

I have tried, tried and tried again with this thing. I was really keen and tried getting it off the ground more than once, only to have my enthusiasm met with indifference. I am the one who started 90% of the conversations around this project, the one who pushed new ideas and concepts. Other people said they were keen, but failed to show it. Let's face it, I did the most work out of anyone here. I put the most time into this. The idea of a team project is that its not just one person doing work or trying to push the project along, while being met with long silence and indifference from everyone else on the forum. At least a message saying they were busy? Or not keen anymore?

I have tried my best with this project, but I am not willing to keep trying when no one else will. I actually want to get my ages and ideas out there sometime before the end of the next decade. Saying and doing are 2 different things. Let's not forget I actually had to email you Kato to get your attention to this thread in the first place. These long silences from everyone will never make a project work, never get it done, and never produce anything of a decent quality. The idea of having a project is that people still at least talk and make an effort, even if they are busy.
Mystified Explorer

Re: NOT The End??

Postby Kato » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:44 pm

Your right, as it's obviously me you're referring to. I've neglected this project and a lot of things.

But honestly, it really is my dream to see this completed, and I really want to some day. Anyone else keen to come with me?

-Kato
(explorer card designed and created by me)
Kato

Return to Search for the Springs of Kehlbet