HELP REQUESTED: Asset Manager Position

Originally begun at GoAC, Search for the Springs of Kehlbet is an ambitious fangame project currently seeking major HELP in these areas: Musicians and Sound Design, Concept Artists, Writers and/or Story Consultants, Modelers, Texture Artists, Designers, Voice Actors. Please post inside if you'd like to contribute!

HELP REQUESTED: Asset Manager Position

Postby Kato » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:35 pm

Essentially, this position is for someone who can run a Subversion repository where we can store Blender files, exported Ages, text documents and rich documents, sound files, and, eventually, the final files for our game. In short, someone who can run a Subversion repository that we can access through the Internet with a large amount of space.

This position might eventually involve other things but I think it is very important right now to get a repo running. This person needs to be committed--this project often goes for a long time inactive, and if that happens, I need the repo to still be running when we come back. I also need someone who's not making any major life changes that could cause the repo to go down for a long time.

I can't run one on my server, unfortunately.

REQUIREMENTS:
- A server accessible by the Internet with a fair amount of free space that Subversion can be installed on. OS doesn't matter as long as it runs Subversion.
- Reasonable amount of uptime for the foreseeable future.
- Tolerance for delays and inactivity.
- Possibility of role expansion later on in project.

If anyone thinks they can host us a repo, please post in this thread or PM me. Thanks muchly!

-Kato
(explorer card designed and created by me)
Kato

Re: HELP REQUESTED: Asset Manager Position

Postby Aloys » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:53 am

I don't know a thing about running a subversion server, but the web server where I host my own stuff has recently seen an increase of 20 Gigabytes of HDD space and I have no plans of using that extra space. If you think some of those gigabytes could help you tell me. (From the top of my head the server runs mySQL, PHP, Perl, Python, and other usual stuff).
Aloys

Return to Search for the Springs of Kehlbet