A Problem for SftSoK

Originally begun at GoAC, Search for the Springs of Kehlbet is an ambitious fangame project currently seeking major HELP in these areas: Musicians and Sound Design, Concept Artists, Writers and/or Story Consultants, Modelers, Texture Artists, Designers, Voice Actors. Please post inside if you'd like to contribute!

A Problem for SftSoK

Postby Kato » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:39 am

D'ni Ages are a no-no.

I'm not gonna say we can't rework the content...but we'll need to start over with the story here.

Ideas?

-Kato
(explorer card designed and created by me)
Kato

Re: A Problem for SftSoK

Postby Tyion » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:15 am

Hmm well let's see....Ty thinks. This isnt going to be easy. Well i can see it beging re-worked. Maybe you could change the culture and kind of tell the same story? that might work? pluse give you a fun develping side.
Tyion

Postby Jojon » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:38 am

I'm not gonna say we can't rework the content...but we'll need to start over with the story here.

Ideas?

-Kato[/quote]

Umm, not at the moment, sorry.

If you want to keep as much as possible unaltered, you are obviously(?) going to need a culture with an equivalent of the art. Do you feel prepared to shoulder the load of fleshing one out and then either continue with it, in future projects, or leave us without links to its main body?

how many core members are you anyway? :7
Jojon

Postby Trylon » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:36 am

Hmm, just a brainstorm idea here, but:
since the cavern has been explored ever since 2003 - couldn't you use the premise that there was an exporer (linguist perhaps?) who expermented with the art, and turned out to be a very talented writer.

He got lost somehow, maybe in his own ages, I dunno, or maybe he just died.

Next, an explorer who finds his work gets lost in a number of ages he wrote....
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby Geckat » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:58 am

I was thinking along the lines of Trylon. Perhaps a DRC member (they had some very enthusiastic linguists) Wrote Ages as an experiment (possibly more, eventually...the Art is like a drug, as we all know), but left. He had his office hidden well enough to keep people from sabotaging, destroying, altering, etc. his current projects, both in translations and in Writing. Now he's left along with the rest of the DRC. This way, we don't have to know necessarily who he is (the DRC have a lot more members than they've mentioned...all we've seen are the high-standing ones), a concrete reason for his disappearance (if he was stuck or killed in one of his own Ages, he'd need to be programmed in there), and still a lot of open-endedness.

Heck, an office could even be programmed at some point. Then we would have a great setup for a Kadish-like Age, using information and codes only supposed to be known to the Writer. I don't know what kind of Ages you all have planned, so I'm trying to be as vague as possible.
Geckat

Return to Search for the Springs of Kehlbet