A Slight Storyline, and puzzles

A beautiful, colorful jungle Age with many secrets. HELP WANTED!

Moderator: Justintime9

Re: A Slight Storyline, and puzzles

Postby Justintime9 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:57 pm

ok, well, I'm not having the fence, but did you think it spoiled too much? what did you mean by the stoneship age and MYST? of course i've been there... not in URU, but I'm sure people will assume I mean from realmyst or something (It would be a bit distaseful to mention that though) also, do you really think dates are nessasary? alot of journals in myst don't have dates. I'll try to embelish it a bit, but first I'd like to see what some other people think. I'm not so sure we need to add much more to it, i mean, it has a simple description of the age, and leaves quite a bit of exploration up to the explorer (which is the best part of an age.) what do you think I should add to it that it doesn't already have?
Justintime9

Postby Gorobay » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:09 pm

As I said, I don't think it spoiled too much, but I don't want you to accidentally spoil anything in future installments. In other words, keep doing it like you are now. Just when you explore more places, be sure to not give to much away, like "The secret combination to the door is based on the YINFARA color symbols, which I learned from the floor in the temple."

of course i've been there... not in URU

Ah, okay. Good.

Are you doing the broken-tree bridge in the swamp? Not that you should mention it in the journal necessarily, but I would like to know.
KI: 07251794
Gorobay

Postby Justintime9 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:12 pm

Oh, a broken tree bridge would be good too... I don't remember reading that, but I think it would be a good Idea. :D
Justintime9

Postby Gorobay » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:20 pm

Justintime9 wrote:Oh, a broken tree bridge would be good too... I don't remember reading that, but I think it would be a good Idea. :D

I'm sure I put it on my map. It was more than a "cool thing" to look at and it was slightly important to the puzzle, so I'll explain it.

There is a dead tree next to a river in the swamp. The bottom six or so feet of the tree are still standing upright, but the rest has fallen over (struck by lighting maybe) and has made a natural bridge across the river. There is still a portion of the tree standing though. The light post is in the river and it shines light through a hole through the bridge part to the light receiver. The light is from some green organisms in the water. The reason it matters is because the F symbol means "green" because it looks like a broken tree.

Here is a picture:
KI: 07251794
Gorobay

Previous

Return to Yinfara