Let's get a move on

A beautiful, colorful jungle Age with many secrets. HELP WANTED!

Moderator: Justintime9

Let's get a move on

Postby Justintime9 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:11 am

Ok, I think we've been stuck in a rut for a while, there was a time when we were on a roll, but when the Idea of a storyline came up, everyone sort of... disappeared, and although they've begun to return, we still seem to be stuck... So I have a proposition to make: Let's begin building yinfara, and try to do as much as we can, and if we decide to change things, then so be it, we'll just edit the age. Think of it like this, Let's say we were writing a book... what we're doing now is making outlines, webs, and every possible planning for the book, but it never dawned on us that we could just write the book as we know so far, and make as many edits to it as needed. So, if anyone who's worked on this project at one time, or anyone new that has skills in blender, or any program needed to get this project moving, please make a post, and we'll get a move on. Sometime in the future I will make a complete summary of what we have so far, anyone can read it, and be able to join in at any given time :D

O, and Yinfara now has a blog, so you might want to check that out for updates on the project status, and news. http://yinfara.zxq.net/
Justintime9

Re: Let's get a move on

Postby trucker2000 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:37 pm

What is it you need? I haven't read all the threads here, so if you have something in mind, please just point me to the appropriate thread.
I'm not a professional modelor, but I do ok.
If it exists in the real world, it can be created in 3D
trucker2000

Postby Lontahv » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:09 pm

I'm not sure what we're in need of, I don't think we need too many more modelers. Maybe some artists to make some drawings of Justin's concept. :) You know, take plans and make them into a good sketch that you can look at and imagine you're there.

Justin, I think you're best bet is to make some technical drawings. I find that it's hard to show things when you're trying to make a drawing look good (you have to think of perspective and stuff and it's kind of hard to brain-dump). Maybe if you get some graph-paper that would help. Just make a map and try to fill it up as you go. :) If you think of something then try to fit it somewhere on the map. What about dividing the island into quads? I think yinfara should be a mile across at least. :)

~Lontahv
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Postby Justintime9 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:42 pm

Ya, that's a good Idea, now I'll have to see if I have any graph paper...
Justintime9

Return to Yinfara