Complete Yinfara Summary

A beautiful, colorful jungle Age with many secrets. HELP WANTED!

Moderator: Justintime9

Complete Yinfara Summary

Postby Justintime9 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:16 pm

Ok, here's just a quick summary of what we have so far, Technical drawings comming soon...

Ok, when you link in, you are in a Green Hut, made of yinfara tree bark.
Here's a few pictures of the how the inside might look: Image
On a table on one side is a journal by me,(the writer) about the Island. (you can read it if you want:
Code: Select all
   This age is not all that different than some of the other ages I've explored, It reminds me of haven, Negligahn, Laki ahn, and Eder delin!. The air here is moist and humid, and combined with the heat almost feely steamy.
   The linking spot is apparently in the middle of a  wet rainforest Environment. the trees are Emerald green and the leaves of some appear to be purple, red, pink magenta, and many other colors. they are large leaves and each one is one meter in length, and a foot in width.
   These leaves have stiff stems that lift them to almost a perfect 90 degree angle, relative to the trunk. The result of this causes an almost perfect canopy over the forest. the light from the sun filters through the colorful leaves and projects multicolored lights on the forest floor below.
                                                                  ~~~
   oday I was walking through the forest of Emerald green trunks, and colorfull leaves, and I was shocked when the light began to dim, and it began to rain, I know this seems Natural in a rainforest, but the Intencity of the lightning was unexpected. when it flashed, the usually mild colors projected from the leaves, showed darker and deeper colors, and my shadow (and other shadows) were amazing. I stood there for minutes mezmerized by the sight, when a cracking noice shook me to my sences, it was different than thunder and I soon knew what it was. One of the trees nearby had been struck by lightning, and now others were also. some set on fire, others just broke. Fearing for my life, I quickly Linked back to my relto.
   When I returned, I was surprized at how little a toll the storm had had on the trees. the few trees that had been struck, lay on the forest floor., but nearby where the leaves were, were strange "stones" they appear to be glass but are more of an abstract ashape, the colorful leaves seem to be trapped inside the rock. this Orb is definitly an amazing natural wonder, and makes a very good decoration.
   As I walked on, I found the edge of the forest, here I find a beach of sorts, it is a very tranquil place, the tide goes in and out, and some sand goes with it.
                                                                  ~~~
   After walking along the beach for awhile, I've finnally found a few buildings, one is Absolutely spectacular, it is a huge "temple" completelly made out of those strange glass orbs. As the sun glows through, the whole room Alive. there is writing on the floor in some forgein language. This may mean that I am not as alone here as I thought.
                                                                  ~~~
   It Appears that this age has a larger atmosphere than many other ages, the frequent storms would explain alot as well. for the sake of my safety, I have decided to build a lightning rod and hut at the linking spot.   
   A high metal pole will run through the hut and into the ground. The walls are made of yinfara tree bark. Thave also installed similar lightning rods throughout the island.
                                                                  ~~~
   Today I was walking around, Exploring and I descovered a delightfull little pond at the edge of the island. It's very small and there is a mountain waterfall, at the edge. somehow the mountain was able to take water from the surrounding sea, and deposit it in the pond.
   On the sides there is a small wall separating the Land from the water. this is apparently man made by some ancient civilization. Or perhaps from a primitive people from a faraway Island. I've decided to build a dock to the side.   
   It is also in a very small clearing, and the sun shines cozily in the middle of the pond. It is a perfect place to fish.
                                                                  ~~~
   Yinfara is much smaller than I'd Expected. after only a week of exploration, I have explored the whole Island. The wildlife still has yet to be discovered though.
   I've discovered  the reason of the leafy glass stones! a strange bird has been creating it's nest with condenced sand. the bird (which I've named the Yinfara Dodo, due to the fact that they are stupid enough to keep building nest in high trees, despite the Lightning.)
   The lightning strikes the trees, and often hits the nests, therefore merging it with the leaf. In a hot orb of alass. Unfortunatly I've noticed that by Installing the lightning rds, the yinfara dodo have began to Increase in number, and the beautiful orbs have stopped being formed.
   Apparently the lightning was keeping the dodo population under control. I've decided to rebuild my lightning rods so they can tetract like Antenas. I will keep them down unless I leave the linking hut. Hopefully this should solve the problem.

) also, on one wall is a control panel of some kind: Image
you press a few buttons, and it appears to have done something outside. when you go out, you see the exterior of the hut, and the beautiful multicolored trees.Image
after looking around the exterior for awhile, you figure out that the noise you heard, was a large metal pole in the middle of the hut, moving down. Image
(here's the structure of hut hut, in case it's important: Image)
Finally, after much investigation in that area, you start to walk through the forest of multicolored trees. After awhile of walking, you come across a small clearing on the south side of the island. at this spot is a cozy waterfall, falling from a brick wall that runs from left to right, until it disappears into the hill:Image (the waterfall and pond are in a small valley, and the water falls from the ocean surrounding this island: Image. A tiny dock lies on the right side of the waterfall. Image
after you rest and cool off (for, the air in yinfara is very hot and humid) you notice that hidden behind the waterfall is a door!
It appears that there are a few strange symbols, and a meter on the door. when you try to open it, it won't budge. this door is obviously not going to open very easily. Image
finally after many tries at kicking the door down, you decide to continue exploring the island. It appears that as you've been exploring the island, the sky has been turning colors, from blue to green, green to yellow, yellow to orange, and now it is red. as you walk on, you eventually find a beach, and a gentle tide comming in. as you walk along the coast a bit, you find a beautiful glass hut (the only part of the island that's actually done, and available for download) Image
here's a video of the inside as well, so I don't have to explain it XD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn96b7dGa2E (it's the first age I link to in this video, you might have to fast forward a bit)
after exploring the hut, you decide to go back to the link in hut (it's starting to get dark) and you notice that there's actually one more area on the island. to the right of the link in hut, is a marshy swamp, the water deep, and you decide to swim in it. Image finally, you decide that you've explored enough, so you go back to the link in hut, and start reading the Journal. After awhile of reading, you almost jump out of your skin when you hear a loud CRASH outside. When you leave the hut, an astonishing sight fills your eyes. The once gentle red of the sun, and sky, are now intensely shining down, and the wind howls. Lightning crashes somewhere nearby. you quickly dash to the waterfall, and see that there's a tall metal pole, much like the one at the link in hut, near the waterfall, and apparently now you know what they are; Lightning rods, and each button on the control panel raises one rod, and lowers the rest. after standing around for awhile, thinking, it dawns on you that the lightning might be bringing power to the locked door behind the waterfall! you go to the door, and sure enough, the meter is 1/5 filled up. After this, you decide to lower this rod, and raise annother, but before you can do so, the storm stops, and your raising the rod won't do any good. And so you walk over to the glass hut, to relax. When you go in however, you notice a most amazing sight; the strange white carpet, isn't just black lines anymore, cirtain lines are now highlighted with red, and makes up a symbol that matches one of the symbols on the door combination. Image at this point, it all seems clear to you. when there's no lightning, you must find what color sun, creates what symbol on the floor, and in what order... and enter it into the door. When there is a storm, you must raise a rod, and bring power to the door. You do this for awhile, until you press the button to raise the swamp rod. When you press it, nothing happens. There is a red light next to it, that is off... and so, frustrated, you run over to the swamp, to see if there's anything wrong with the rod. When you get there, it appears that on this partcular rod, a cord runs to somewhere in the water, behind a rock.Image You reluctantly swim over there, and see a small lever attached to the rock. When you pull it, something seems to release, in the rod. You go back to the link in hut, and sure enough, the red light is now on, and you can raise the rod.

Finally, after getting all the symbols, and power, you excitedly dash to the door... and it opens! you walk down a flight of stairs, into a dim lit chamber. down here, there are cots, and chairs, tables and clothes. It appears that the people who lived on yinfara, had slept down here. You look at a few Glyphs they had made, and it appears to suggest that some people, from some other island, had excaped to this island, from a dangerous enemy clan, they had lived on this island for awile, and had built all the building and structures. The puzzles on the surface, all centered around opening the door. You chuckle as you realize that all this, was to keep the people safe and cool down here, without having to worry about their enemies. They could come out the door when no power was in it, but their enemies could not go in. If their eneimies were there, they would have to figure out the lightning, and the symbols, and by that time the people would be well prepared.

You begin to walk further down the room, until you find a ladder. you climb up the ladder, and find yourself in a large domed building, much like the temple, except there are no stair, no railings, Just a large domed room, and on one side, there is a chair. and by that chair is a telescope. the telescope looks out of an open (empty) pane, and to one of the beaches.
on the other side of the room, is annother telescope looking to the other beach, and apparently this room was an outpost for looking for their enemies, and being prepared. All this time, this outpost had been blending in with the trees, and the people could have watched their eneimies solve the puzzles, and when they finally did, and walked down the stairs, the people would quickly climb out of an opening in the side of the glass, and down a rope ladder to the ground. when the enemies were searching for them, down below, they would run to the beach, and excape the island in their enemies's boats, leaving them stranded. You are glad to have explored this age, and look forward to relaxing with your friends in the waterfall some day. (at this spot, there will be a book with the credits of the age in it)

I know twards the end, there weren't any pictures, but that's simple because I havn't drawn any for these areas yet. They will eventually be added to this page.
Justintime9

Re: Complete Yinfara Summary

Postby Lontahv » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:36 am

What would you like me to start work on modeling? :)

~Lontahv
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Re: Complete Yinfara Summary

Postby Justintime9 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:31 am

Ok, well today, since I don't hav school, I'm going to start a new topic with a bunch of technical drawings. Each area will have it's own topic where we can discuss it. So... I guess we could start on the link in hut ( - the journal) and I think we should get a few other modelers too, u know, so we can work on more than one area at a time, and then when we create the island itself, we can just add all the areas. :D

Edit: here we go: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1312
Justintime9

Return to Yinfara