Link In Hut Construction

A beautiful, colorful jungle Age with many secrets. HELP WANTED!

Moderator: Justintime9

Re: Link In Hut Construction

Postby ironmagma » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:34 pm

Dude... that's looking amazing.
ironmagma

Postby Justintime9 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:42 pm

Hmm... most of those rugs seem to be too... old, and intricate... and... well, I'm not really sure what would look good :P so, how bout you find something, and show it to me, and I'll OK it :)
Justintime9

Postby Lontahv » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:53 pm

Ok, I'm going to show it to you in-game. :)

Here's the link:

http://lontahv.googlepages.com/Yinfara_linkinhut_v.22.zip

Notes:

I added some camera regions: Try going up to the control-panel and look at the view when you link in.(easy to change if you want a different view)

Shadows under chair and sofa.

Extra rug

Lamp is dim and has no flare.

Can't think of anything else.

Oh yeah, the age is only 1.5megs when zipped. And it's so complete already.

I had another thought; how would you like me to add a simple book-case for your/my journals for yinfara--that is the journals that aren't currently being worked on(those would go on the table).

~Lontahv
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Postby Justintime9 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:28 am

Much better :D although there are still a few things... the lighting isn't right yet, as, the hanging one is sort of... dim, and perhaps the lights should be more noticable... like, you can really tell that the light is coming from them. And, lol I actually Imagined it bigger than that even! And... hmm... perhaps we could just put the journal so far, on the table... and we can change it over time... What I see so far is good though, much better than last time, but I think it still needs work :)
Justintime9

Postby Lontahv » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:11 am

Yup, It needs work. :)

Err... I thought I said something about a bug with the lap being too dim. :?

Well, I can make the light on the avvie more dramatic--but when things get like that they tend to look less cozy. And let's try not to make that hut much bigger--it's a hut rather than a ware-house, and cozy is small.

Oh and I have an excuse also. ;) I'm working on this really cool testing-type age, with waterfalls and lots of rippling water. I'll show it to you once I doesn't prove a heath-risk. :P ;)

~Lontahv
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv

Postby Justintime9 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:10 pm

ah, srry I didn't catch the thing about the dim light :P but ya, I'd love to see that test age :D so ya, keep up the good work, and this could perfect :D
Justintime9

Postby Lontahv » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:11 pm

Here's the test if you're interested:

http://forum.guildofwriters.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=1371

~Lontahv
Lontahv

Postby Justintime9 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:18 pm

Awesome! that's just how the waterfall should be :D except for one thing... is there some way to make there ripples, or foam around where the avi walks in the water? it's kinda unrealistic that when the avi runs in it, there aren't any additional ripples, like in tsogahl, or an age like that.
Justintime9

Postby Lontahv » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:51 pm

Well, that would mean a different kind of thing--you see that water-fall is how cyan make waterfalls but... the water is NOT how cyan make their water--As far as I know, if we could get that cyan water into the pyprp plugin so that I could name a surface something like "WATER" and it would make it a water surface--it would be kind of automatic. :)

But... we're working on it.

Note: this is not the yinfara waterfall, this is a test waterfall, I'd want to make something more special for THE waterfall. :)

I think we should wait to make some parts of yinfara until we can do a really good job--ie. I'm waiting to make the forest until we can have a kind of plasma "dupli-verts"(if you don't know what is it, it's a blender term, so just google it) and one of the things I've been waiting for has come though, and it's working in pyprp(vis regions).

So, I don't think we have to really wait--we just have to plan it out well. I'm thinking about making the terrain after the hut is done, and then after that the forest. :) Waterfall should come kind of near to the end of the project. :)

~Lontahv
Lontahv

Postby Justintime9 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:57 am

that sounds fine :)
Justintime9

Previous

Return to Yinfara