Link In Hut Construction

A beautiful, colorful jungle Age with many secrets. HELP WANTED!

Moderator: Justintime9

Re: Link In Hut Construction

Postby Paradox » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:16 pm

Jojon wrote:Sorry for intruding, but since you are speaking of table lamps, I just feel compelled to interject with a link to some pictures that could be great inspiration not only for lamps, but other sorts of wierd machinery. :7

http://www.frankbuchwald.de/engl_v/serie_e.html

I wouldn't mind a type 9 on my desk. :)

*steals for his Ahra Pahts Shell*

<3 SteamPunk-esk design :D
Paradox

Postby Lontahv » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:37 am

Speaking of AhraPahts shells...

http://www.custom-woodworking-design.com/custom-stained-glass.html

this one:
Show Spoiler

looks just like it would fit into the AhraPahts color sheme and triangle theme. 8-)

~Lontahv
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Postby Justintime9 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:28 am

Ok, well, here's a lampshade in my room, so that might help... if you need any Ideas on the base, feel free to ask, perhaps it should be a bit... cylindrical... or perhaps something more fancy... anyway, It's your call for now, unless I say otherwise :)

Justintime9

Postby Lontahv » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:12 am

Ok, a release! Because I'm using the bleeding-edge pyprp (don't know WHY but, might have something to do with my close ties to the devs ;) ) a few things are odd, and a few things (after the alc-script overhaul) I don't know how to use. The result; you'll have to make due with no camera-regions in this version of the hut.

The shiny wood of the bent-wood bark-stripped support timbers is on meant to be like that.
Some of the textures/materials in the room are not complete yet:

lamp-shaft(needs to be shiny gold),
tv--*clears throat* I mean the control-panel is untextured,
chair-legs need work.

Now about everything being bright and strange looking in there... it's a lighting problem that needs some fixing--oh and Justin I can't do anything based on lighting until you tell me what kind of lamp that mystery-lamp stuck to the ceiling is(I think it should be hanging), and could you give me a list of all the different Yinfara will be in(just something like; purple nighttime(duskish light), rain(very dark)).

Download age here: http://lontahv.googlepages.com/Yinfara_LinkInHut_v.18.zip

But I was thinking about how different the glass-hut and this hut are and I was thinking about a way to explain it. :) What about if the glass-hut its self is a sacred object--it was there when the islanders came--it was really from a race before but they don't know this--and the islanders would go there to decode the messages from the skies. They would think that this building was from the seas/sky(not sure which yet) given to them by god(s). There would have to be a very strong religion on this island because the forces of nature are very strong and stunning.

The forest is the kind of place where you think you see something and then it's gone--it seems magical--almost bewitched when the rain is pounding on the leaves above you, and you feel as if there are people around you--shapes in the nothingness of the darkness. Then when the rain clears everything seems normal again, all your imagined shapes are gone as well as your fears, and the forest seems comfortable.

I think there should be a rocky out-cropping and in the shadow of the outcropping (where the rock meets the ground) there should be a cave. This cave should have some long-dead islanders and some parchment with stuff written on it--holy scriptures and comments by these people (monks?). This cave--as with all things in the forest you should stumble on once, and never really find it again. The forest still(even to us) has some magic about it. Where the islanders right in thinking there where spirits in the forest? Who knows. :)

Here's a sample account of finding the bodies(monks?) by someone who got lost in the forest(me?), hope it gives you an idea of what I was jabbering about farther up:

Code: Select all

"...so, I ventured out into the forest once again hoping to see one of those rare birds that inhabit it. 

"I had walked about five minutes away from the nearest path when I heard a CRASH followed by a distant BOOM. The sky got very dark and the air grew warm and humid, then I heard another crash. I had never been in the forest when it was raining and, was quite curious.

"I heard another CRASH and then I heard the sound of the rain pattering on the leaves above me.  The forest had grown so dark that I could barely see a tree 10 yards away. The dark greenish fog had closed around and I could not see any land-marks; it looked like I was going to be stranded in the forest for quite a long time.

"The first few minutes of the storm went pretty well until I got the idea to look around me and try to make out trees in the fog, at that point the rain was coming through the leaves of the canopy and I was getting drenched.  Then looming though the dark mist I though I saw a giant shape moving toward me.  I can not explain it now, but then I felt a great terror of that shape.  I ran though forest in a direction that I do not remember.  I was not running anywhere in particular just away from that shape.  As I was running I felt something reach out and grab my pocket and rip it;  I kept running--it must have just been a branch, recalling, but at the time it seemed to be some demon grabbing at my clothes.  I continued running until I suddenly heard a departing BOOM as the storm stopped as quickly as it had started.   

"There I stood, lost in the forest feeling very stupid for being scared by a storm.  Then I saw a gray object though the trunks of the trees.  I walked closer to take a better look; it was an outcropping of rock.  I climbed the steep leaf covered bank until I reached what looked like a cave shadowed by the large gray rock covered with moss and lichen.  I entered the cool cavity to find some bits of wood;  on closer in inspection they looked like some kind of carved objects.  Putting them down I ventured farther into the cave.  I fumbled around and found what felt like two large bags filled with firewood, then I felt a thin flexible sheet.  Dragging the lot out I discovered that there where two plainly-dressed skeletons, and a sheet of parchment.  The parchment was covered with writing, I could only make out bits and passages of it and this is what one line said:

'(it) has been decided by us (it is) wrong to copy (architecture?)  of the old-one (unknown words) ...I think that the old-one must have brought (strange word--looks something like "thing of both fire and water and sky") for (our) use.'

"I will translate more at some later date, but at that time I needed to work on getting un-lost."

I hope you like it. :) I hope it's given you an idea of what I mean about the forest.

~Lontahv
Last edited by Lontahv on Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv

Postby Justintime9 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:48 am

Ok, I really like the hut, it's pretty much just what I was looking for, but there are a few things... could you try making the hut bigger? right now it's a bit cramped, and the pole in the middle gets in the ways, so the hut should be bigger... I believe theres a way to make a chair, a kickable, or would that have negative effects? and, the "mystery lamp" should probably be something hanging, yes... I don't care what exactly, but maybe just, some sort of light bulb hanging? I don't really care how it looks, as long is it looks good... Now, once you actually make the lighting, remember, the only lights in the room are the desk lamp, floor lamp, and the hanging lamp, so it may be a bit dim, but that'll make it cozier. Also, could you put some carpet over those floorboards? it would probably look better than the bare floorboards. yet... there is the problem of what color it should be... can't be blue cuz it might clash with the furniture... I dunno... what do you guys think?

Also, about you Idea of the forest... I've never really liked games with primitive people, with a bunch of superstious beliefs, and while the people obviously had to have some religion, I seem to think of them as fairly inteligent people, I mean, they designed this huge puzzle, just to get into the door... so I kind of doubt that they'd be that supersticious... And durring storms, I Imagine, whatever color the sky is at the time of the storm, will get more intense, and the sky will get a bit darker. The rain starts, and a fog comes in, so you can't see through some of the trees. finally, it ends, and goes back to it's normal color.

the color cycle, is; Pink, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and then night begins, and the stars come out... when it becomes black.
Justintime9

Postby Lontahv » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:04 pm

Ok, I've been trying out different rugs and... I have a few modern ones that are looking good. Do you like Persian-rugs?

~Lontahv
Lontahv

Postby Justintime9 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:38 pm

um... hmm... perhaps... could you put a pic of it on here, cuz I'm not sure how it'd look in the hut... I actually imagined colored carpeting, but perhaps a rug might work :D
Justintime9

Postby Lontahv » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:18 pm

Actually... I have all the carpets I need now. :) You see, if we have wall-wall then it looks bad, if we have a big round rug... then we need a hole in the middle. Little common-sized rugs are much better--more realistic.

Here's how it's looking:

~Lontahv
Lontahv

Postby Justintime9 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:16 am

kewl... so, are you going to have two more rugs, to cover up the other parts of the floor? btw, it looks really great :D can't wait to see it in person!
Justintime9

Postby Lontahv » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:04 pm

Well... I don't want to cover the floor completely, I think two is enough of that kind of rug. If you like patterned carpets then I think we have space for one more rug--they're bigger than they look. :) You can pick out the next rug. :) Go to the "Fabric" section of this texture site: http://www.cgtextures.com/ and see if you can find what you want. You can pick out a non-carpet thing and I can mod it. ;)

~Lontahv

P.S. if you can find any-rug you want than I can put another one of those carpets I have in but... I want something special for under the sofa.

Hint: Look in the "Persian Carpets" part of "Fabric". When you find something just give me a link to the page that you found it on. Like so: http://www.cgtextures.com/texview.php?id=11705&s=S&PHPSESSID=ac971a545691c4d47a4017910d6d3a0e
Lontahv

PreviousNext

Return to Yinfara