Link In Hut Construction

A beautiful, colorful jungle Age with many secrets. HELP WANTED!

Moderator: Justintime9

Link In Hut Construction

Postby Justintime9 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:50 am

This thread is for discussing the discussion of the Link in hut, whoever is modeling it, will build it how they think it is, according to my diagrams, and I'll say if it's right or not, or if not, what should be changed. More than one person can model it, but eventually I'll choose which one is better, and we'll use it. :D

OK, here's a front veiw of the hut, measurements havn't been made, because I'm not sure what measurements would be the best, but as long as it looks correct in proportion, it'll be fine.

here's and overhead veiw, and remember that there's going to be a pole running down the middle of the hut.
I don't really care what color the objects, and carpet is, as long as it doesn't clash with anything.

here's a transparent veiw of the front, and notice the light above the control panel. I put a lamp on on side of the hut, a desk lamp on annother, and a regular light on the other side. there will be no light on the door side of the hut, as the other lights should be light enough. Image If possible, please make the lighting sort of "warm and cozy" as, this will be a good place to stay durring storms. the beams should be visible though, like this model
see what you can come up with :D

Edit: I just noticed that the link in spot is right where the L rod casing should be... just try to put the avi next to the pole, but not facing it when he links in, have him facing the door (it'll be closed)
Justintime9

Re: Link In Hut Construction

Postby Lontahv » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:33 am

Ok, I've worked on the hut about 3 hours and have something to show you. :)

Note: I'm modeling based off your drawings--when I see something that's kind of strange looking I try to fix it to look a bit better(tweak it). :) The chair... oh the chair, I couldn't make out what kind of chair it was so I made up my own chair. Also, about your table legs... I tried to model them but they ending up looking strange so I ended up with simple--maybe metal--cylindrical legs. :) I don't have it textured yet (but soon will). :)

I saw in your pictures it looked like you meant the roof and walls to be kind of like relto's roof(not the improved one) but you said that it was made of bark so... I need to make the structure a bit more meaty to hold the increased weight of the thick bark. :)

~Lontahv
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Postby Grogyan » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:42 am

By George, you did that in 3 hours?

My RAD entry won't look anywhere as flash.
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Postby Lontahv » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:13 am

A bit less than three hours. A little more than two and a half.

I don't mean to brag. :P

Having good art helps a lot (thanks Justin!). You can just sit down and model from the art. And then tweak things to make them look right in 3d. Well, I have been using blender from before the GoW and making fan-ages. About 2 1/2 years ago i think. :) Just remember; the more you model the more you learn. And don't worry about things being right-on if an object is a little imperfect-looking, good. It makes the object look real rather than CG. :)

~Lontahv
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv

Postby Justintime9 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:35 am

Kewl :) looks good so far... is there going to be a door? or... is it possible with Pyprp yet, to enable a door to open when an avi bumps into it (making the door a kickable) or better yet, making you able to click on the door to open it? Cuz it really should have a closed door at some point...

O, and are you going to add the lamp table, the lamp, and the desk lamp?
Justintime9

Postby Jojon » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:19 am

Oh, err...

I suppose this has already been discussed and given a good explaination, but...
So, we are leading lightning right into the very hut we are standing in and it is made not from, say copper mesh, but from treebark?
Jojon

Postby Justintime9 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:23 am

Um, well the rod runs through the building itself, but a case is around it so you don't get shocked. the Rod itself is made of metal, and goes into the ground.

O, and why am I able to edit everybody (not just my own)'s posts? is that a bug? :O
Justintime9

Postby Chacal » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:09 pm

You have been granted moderator rights on this forum. Same thing as development journals.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Justintime9 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:26 pm

Ooooh! kewl :D what kind of things can I do? just like, if someone says something offensive I can change it?
Justintime9

Postby Lontahv » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:40 pm

Ok, I need a blueprint-type thing for the table lamp and the lamp table thats going to be near the easy-chair. If you have the desk-lamp, just snap a pic if you have a camera--or if you know the model just get a pic from online of the type of lamp you want for the table. :)

Also, about anims... WE HAVE ANIMATED TEXTURE WORKING!!! and I programmed a bit of the code into pyprp. So, we can now have some great looking waterfalls. :) I'm pretty sure that mesh anims will come pretty soon. Texture anims share a lot of things that mesh anims share so, getting them is half the battle. :)

~Lontahv
Lontahv

Next

Return to Yinfara