Island Construction

A beautiful, colorful jungle Age with many secrets. HELP WANTED!

Moderator: Justintime9

Re: Island Construction

Postby Justintime9 » Fri May 16, 2008 3:23 am

Hmm... well, I don't want it to be too close to the link in hut... I'm Imagining it completely secluded from everything else, and when you walk out the link in hut, you can't see it. that might be a bit difficult, but perhaps you could keep the swamp where it is on the map I made, and just add more forest on the coast, so it doesn't seem too close to the water, and to keep the trees from getting too much, take some from annother part of the island, I dunno it seems like the only way to do this is to add more trees, but we don't want that so... /scratchhead
Justintime9

Postby Jojon » Fri May 16, 2008 9:49 am

Is it unacceptable, to make parts of the forest so dense or hilly, you can't go there, so that you might get away with simpler work for the inaccessible areas?
Jojon

Postby Justintime9 » Fri May 16, 2008 12:09 pm

Hmm... it's a possibility, but explorers don't like to feel limited... perhaps if nothing else...
Justintime9

Postby Lontahv » Fri May 16, 2008 4:08 pm

Jojon the idea is not to provide a barrier... it is to make the swamp not right on the water.

Justin, good idea. I will make the swamp creep a bit more into the mainland though (just a little bit more) so we get the swamp we lost with putting trees at the water's edge. :)

~Lontahv
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Postby Justintime9 » Fri May 16, 2008 4:22 pm

Ah, good, see how well that works :)
Justintime9

Postby Naigahsehn » Sun May 18, 2008 9:55 am

Lon, Justin - it's great to see you guys again. Seems like you've handled yourselves pretty well over the last few months. Hope Yinfara's coming along nicely - can't wait to see it.

Welcome ABguy - you're work is phenomenal! Congrats to you - keep up the awesome work! :D

Unfortunately, I'm still not off my hiatus - I've considered quiting, but I doubt it. I'll get back into this all again someday.
That's just how I am. ;)

Just PM me if you have any news - I'll see it next time I visit.

Later,
~Naigahsehn
Naigahsehn

Postby Justintime9 » Mon May 19, 2008 12:09 pm

Great to see that you :) yes, yinfara is going slow but sure... we're trying to work out the bugs with the forest (Lag vs. Size).
Justintime9

Previous

Return to Yinfara