Yinfara Temple

A beautiful, colorful jungle Age with many secrets. HELP WANTED!

Moderator: Justintime9

Re: Yinfara Temple

Postby AtionSong » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:29 am

Wow, looks awesome! :)
AtionSong

Postby Justintime9 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:37 am

Wow! that looks awesome!!!! make sure u fix the bugs I mentioned (u can't run up the stairs, you can only jump up the stairs, and it was a bit too dark)
Justintime9

Postby Lontahv » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:46 pm

Ok! The next release is out, but please read these notes before you load it into Uru.

Release Notes:

Justin: I'm not sure what your computers screen is set to but the brightness looks ok for me, and multi-colored geodes aren't the best way of getting light into a place. ;)

I've also put a camera region in just to see how it would be--nothing that can't be deleted. ;)

Both sets of stairs are fixed.

Justin: I'm not sure what you think of this idea but I think it's at the stage to let the maintainers tramp though it.

And lastly: the .age has a different sequence-prefix so you don't have to worry about strange crashes because of your old yinfara .age loaded into your dat folder
Ok people finally the download http://www.mediafire.com/?5rci0njdkjd
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Postby Justintime9 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:23 am

I love it! expecially the added stained glass above the door. The Idea of having a door was kewl, but you should either make it completely open, and just be able to walk through it, or make it closed, so the avatar has to open it. u know, u hav to walk through the crack in the door... other than that it was great! I adjusted my settings for gamma, it was all the way up, and so was the calibration. for example, my avi was black when i linked in, in shadow
perhaps that'll b fixed when we change the sky color, or add clouds or waterver...
after it's done, let's put it on hold, until we decide if we want the Geode or not (u know, we gotta discuss teh storyline)
Justintime9

Postby TomahnaGuy » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:48 am

Nice temple - would it be possible to make the grund not look so "stretched" :P

TG
TomahnaGuy

Postby Tweek » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:27 am

The place looks cool, I really liked the door being partially open however it was a pain in the butt to get through, maybe open it a little wider?

Also the floors have friction issues (sliding).
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby Aloys » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:36 am

This area starts looking quite nice. :) The door is a welcome addition, together with the new camera it really makes you feel like you enter a new place.
I will have to second the 'dark lighting' comment. I agree that the inside of the dome shouldn't have too much light, but it should have a little more that there is at present. I think a simple very soft directionnal light might be enough, because the inside of the dome is still supposed to get some light from the outside sun.
Aloys

Postby Lontahv » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:42 pm

I will try to address the problem with the inside being too dark. Is the problem the avvie or the floor being too dark?
The ground and and sky are just mock-ups for the real thing(that I thought JFT would submit) and the dark avvie outside is because all I'm working on is the temple, not the ground around it--I don't want to impose on the lighting that everyone in yinfara will have to deal with eventually, and why I put the placeholder sky and ground in is because I thought that it would demo the alpha glass better than just a void. Glad you folks like my yinfara temple. :)
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv

Postby Chacal » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:06 pm

I liked the model a lot. i was able to enter without any problem.
I liked the stained glass above the door.
While a door is a good idea, I think it shouldn't be a simple wooden door. It should be a metal door with stained glass.
Something like the Myst III gazebo:
http://exile.patchallel.com/images/Gazebo_cropped.jpg
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Lontahv » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:01 pm

That's a really good idea Chacal! :) And, does anyone know how to setup the inverse softvolumes in blender(i just don't know how to put them in the "properties". I've been using this http://alcugs.almlys.org/wiki/index.php/AgeSoftVolumes page for referance but don't know where to put this "!(softvolume1,softvolume2,...)" in. Can someone please help, I need it so the inside of the temple can stay dark and colorfull while the outside is all nice and sunny.
Lontahv

PreviousNext

Return to Yinfara