Yinfara Temple

A beautiful, colorful jungle Age with many secrets. HELP WANTED!

Moderator: Justintime9

Re: Yinfara Concept Art and Ideas

Postby Justintime9 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:15 pm

Really? I don't mind clicking on page 15... but, if a mod sees this, could u pleese create a topic, and paste all this stuff about The hut in there? u know, all our progress w/ the Yinfara colored hut.
Justintime9

Postby Pryftan » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:01 pm

It's not clicking on Page 15 that's the issue, it's having to sift through all of them if you're new. As for splitting.. done!
.rilvoohee vehrehnehm vokan pam mahnshootahv rub voohee taygahnehm mahtahntahv
Pryftan

Postby Jojon » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:23 pm

Lontahv wrote:Notes: all textures are optimized for the game engine(plasma) all textures are either 128x128 or 256x128 etc. And I have also modeled the place realizing that it will be just a small part of a bigger age (i tried to use verts/faces wisely) Also you will notice that the file is only 3mb this is small for a high profile building in an age--I'm hoping that the whole Yinfara download will only be about 50mb when it's done.
Does that mean you do not intend to try projecting some dramatic fake caustics onto the interior? I see you've got some colour vertex painted (..or so I suppose) onto the walls and floor -- a high contrast wavy-starry-meshy pattern, affecting brightness, on top of that should look rather cool, although it might look lame instead, when it turns out the player avatar remains unaffected. :7
Jojon

Re: Yinfara Temple

Postby Lontahv » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:23 pm

Sorry I haven't posted more pics of Yinfara for you yet--I have a alpha railing and it is REALLY buggy, and i've been busy with other uru stuff, I'll try to post more pics as soon as I can get the new version working. :) I hope you have some good luck getting your windows working Jordd. :)
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Postby Lontahv » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:30 pm

Ok, I now have a pic that I took in blender because the alpha xray issues haven't been sorted out in-game yet. All the layers of alpha are so complicated it's like *head explodes* well... you get the idea LOL.
Note: This place is not at its greatest looking right now, but give it time and the problems should be sorted out somehow. ;)

EDIT: the alpha goes something like this: view point -------->> < | railing|> ---->> <| glass muli-colored overlay on floor walls etc. |>
< | |> ---->> <| actual glass/geode panes |> -->> <| alpha trees etc.|> ->> <|sky
Single arrows show normals two arrows are to show where you are viewing it from.
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv

Postby Justintime9 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:35 pm

Hmm... can u provide a playble version once u finish that room... O, and I think I should start a few new topics now that we're nearing an end to the Hut, like the swamp area, waterfall, etc... We should put the hut on hold for now, until we have a storyline decided, and we'll decide if we should have the Geode thing. Do u guys think we should create the story, and wrap the Age around it, or vice versa?
Justintime9

Postby Lontahv » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:12 pm

Ok, a playable version will be out very soon! :) The alpha xray problems are over and the room just needs the finishing touches. :)
Lontahv

Postby Pryftan » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:45 pm

Justin, why don't you start a new thread to discuss the storyline?
.rilvoohee vehrehnehm vokan pam mahnshootahv rub voohee taygahnehm mahtahntahv
Pryftan

Postby Jennifer_P » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:49 am

I would say storyline first; the guy who worked on the eventually failed Verenia Myst game project cited an "Ages first, storyline later" approach as one of the reasons for the failure of the project.
Jennifer_P

Postby Lontahv » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:49 pm

Here is a picture I took in blender of the version that I will release(maybe tomorrow, I just need to export it as "final release" and get it up online)
I hope you enjoy the picture. :)
Lontahv

PreviousNext

Return to Yinfara