Yinfara Temple

A beautiful, colorful jungle Age with many secrets. HELP WANTED!

Moderator: Justintime9

Re: Yinfara Concept Art and Ideas

Postby bluewyvern » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:32 pm

Looking better and better. Nice work. :)

What did you do to the floor -- is it just a colored texture, or is it some kind of light effect from the dome?

I would make the geode texture in the stones even bolder and more dramatic...is it possible to have the textures themselves multicolored within each pane? Orange center with blue outside and white streaks, that kind of thing?

Also, is it possible to remove the frame and have just the stones pressed together? Maybe that would require a new model, though.
Concept, design, storytelling, editorial
KI# 05697413
bluewyvern

Postby Justintime9 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:23 am

Hmm... Interesting Idea, remember, we need more dramatic lights on the floor, and before we can do that, we need a carpet to project the lights onto.
Justintime9

Postby Lontahv » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:07 pm

Hmm, as I see it I've come to a kind of dead end. But I did make this alter to see how you like the idea.
The alter is a big cut geode-rock and this is a very holy object in the religion of the people who lived in Yinfara, because it fell from the sky and it is believed to hold power over the moons (and since it is multi colored it is not affected by night of day purple or green).
How do you like it? :)
I can make it bigger if you want. :)
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Postby Lontahv » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:13 pm

And, also I was thinking. What if the rug had a black and white pattern on it but was colored in by the light shining though the glass, and you need white moon light to read the carpet (and the white moon light would be a rare thing all the moons would have to be out at once.) This could also have something to do with the great geode's power over the moons ie. give offerings to the great geode and it will give you a colored pattern on the floor.
Just an idea. :)
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv

Postby Nadnerb » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:10 pm

Hmm, the inside of that hut is starting to look really good. The rock-ish texture helps a lot, and the doorway is well integrated. (though not quite what the concept had planned, I think) The lighting on the floor reflects the glass nicely as well. 8-)

The geode thing is a bit strange, and the whole model deviates rather far from the original concept, (a dome made of naturally formed glass spheres, I think?) but it's a quite nice object, at least. ;) (though I must say I was actually thinking something along the lines of the glass areas in Tomahna when looking at some of the 'alternate' concept art.)
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby Lontahv » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:08 pm

Here is a pic of the rug and geode alter.
:)
Lontahv

Postby Justintime9 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:12 pm

Hmm... I was thinking of something mroe... Rug relto page ish.... really Intricate Designs... u know... I dunno, let's see what other people think My vision is that the geode is on a pedistal at the far side of the room, so that when you enter the room, you can see it from the doorway... the pedistal part must look like an Appartent center of Attention... and the lights will fall on the white rug making it look multicolored. What do u guys think?
Justintime9

Postby Lontahv » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:04 pm

I have another more decorative patterned rug I made just now. It's just the design right now because I haven't textured it yet.
Sorry, it's kind of big.
Lontahv

Postby Justintime9 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:51 am

ya, that looks good... I'm beggining to think we should have some color on the rug, so that when the lights fall on it, it'll kinda mix the colors. Or, perhaps more colored lights, casting more of a colored shadow...
Justintime9

Postby Lontahv » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:01 pm

I have an idea to make the inside and outside of the palace more realistic. :)
Here you can see the steps and alter on the inside.
Here you can see the foundation on the outside.

Edit: Here is the inside of the place in version 37
Enjoy. :)
Lontahv

PreviousNext

Return to Yinfara