Yinfara Storyline

A beautiful, colorful jungle Age with many secrets. HELP WANTED!

Moderator: Justintime9

Re: Yinfara Storyline

Postby Justintime9 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:52 am

As much as a pains me to say so, I think we should just stay off cyan's turf... I think I can come up with an Idea for a storyline, I'll just hav to think about it for a bit... I'll post back when I do :)
Justintime9

Postby Justintime9 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:27 am

I've concluded that the glass hut was too advanced for any primitives to build, and Robinson curusoe wouldn't have had the supplies or the needs for such a structure... I've been trying to think of some possible story... but I just can't put my finger on it... It can't have anything to do with D'ni... perhaps the storyline could be a mystery? u know, like just don't have a story, and let the explorers "Discover" it's past... I don't know, but we should figure this out before we do anything else.
Justintime9

Postby Chacal » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:47 pm

I'm surprised. The glass hut is just an igloo, made from readily-available materials. The most advanced part would be the door.
Basically, your natives would have to pick the glass slabs off the ground and stick them together with some cement made out of lime stone and sand.

Actually, it's much less advanced than an igloo. Making an igloo requires an understanding of load bearing, shearing forces and most importantly the concept of keystone, which even the Mayans haven't discovered.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Justintime9 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:00 pm

Ah, but the hut has evolved since the original sketches, check out the Yinfara glass hut thread, and perhaps download the hut, and try it in URU, (or just look at the screenshots) it's more than just spheres stuck together now... and also, the Idea about Natives, and Robinson curuoe just didn't seem to fit (or, I just don't like the Ideas) the only Idea that I've reely liked was the one about D'ni students, but we couldn't do that :P so... I've been racking my brain trying to think of a reely good storyline.
Justintime9

Postby AtionSong » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:02 pm

Not a great idea, and kind of takes some of the "mystery" out of the age, but perhaps it was written by somebody who was very "zen" and all that, who wanted a quiet place to just sit, relax, and meditate. Originally, he built a dock by the lake to relax at, but that didn't suit him well. He were also very annoyed by the lightning, as it was distracting and not peaceful. His next task was to build a system to control and direct the lightning so that it wouldn't bother him.

Eventually, as he explored the island, he discovered the glass scattered around. He investigated and learned that it was formed from the birds hit by lightning. He was determined to get enough of the glass to build a euphoric temple to meditate in. His lightning system was reworked to be able to direct the lightning and form the glass. He was zapping massive amounts of birds to get the large amount of glass needed to construct the temple. Finally, when he got enough, he set about the task of constructing the temple. He worked day and night for weeks with it, sometimes skipping sleep, forgetting to eat, and ignoring his friends and family, driven by the vision of what the temple could be.

Finally, he finished his construction. He entered and attempted to meditate in his temple, but found that at that point, he couldn't- he had changed too much in the construction. He had an epiphany about his behavior - the violence of killing the birds and the isolation he went through - and decided to abandon the temple, which reminded him of those behaviors, and leave the age.
AtionSong

Postby Justintime9 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:57 pm

Hmmm... Interesting Idea... although I'm not that into zen, and that kind of stuff. My Idea is that there was annother island, that was like, just as civilized as Us, on earth, and a group of students came to the Island of yinfara we know to study the elements, and try to learn about factors of life (somewhat like atrus sent sent sirrus and achenar to the lesson ages) and, the students had to stay there for a year, and make their living on the island. they noticed that the lightning was very dangerous, so they built the a lightning rod (and others throughout the island) on the hut they built theirself to live in (the link in hut) and they built a control pannel to focus the lightning to a cirtain rod by putting all the rods down except it(to give power to to that area) they created power for themselves, but there was something missing... one of the boys was very religious, so he built the temple, as a place to worship, and remember god. Unfortunatly it was not to be. One of the boys was growing increasingly resentful of them (particualarly because he was a strong eitheist and hated all religion) so he started to plot... he built the room behing the waterfall (as seen in one of Lontahv's renders) as a place to plan his destruction. Eventually his masterplan was complete, and he killed all but one, in a mad rampage. The last one fought to the death, and killed the evil one. and he left the island, because of the tragic happenings there, and never came back.
wat do u think? any suggestions?
Justintime9

Postby Lontahv » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:40 pm

Not bad. :)
But I think you should make sure that the boys are D'ni/human--I think that it's important not to have natives building things made of stone that look d'ni/earth-like.
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Postby Justintime9 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:35 am

well, we can't have d'ni/human, first of all because it enfringes on cyan's territory, and 2nd of all because I don't wanna hav to deal with it if it is confirmed that we can't (with is quite likely) so I assume that it would be best to make them some other race. although, that would make journals and stuff like that difficult to read (a whole different language...)
Justintime9

Postby Lontahv » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:41 pm

I think that cyan would be ok with some d'ni in our age. :)
Let's just ask them. I think that they will say it's ok.(they want the GoW to be a success just as much a we do--and what better way to do that than have a great age with a great storyline. :)
Let's get a story with d'ni in it and see how cyan likes it.
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Postby Justintime9 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:32 pm

Hmm... I guess...... I've always been agenst the idea of "D'ni made" explorer ages... I've always wanted ages to be 100% Explorer made... I dunno, u could ask cyan, but I really don't wanna go there.
Justintime9

PreviousNext

Return to Yinfara