Yinfara Concept Art and Ideas

A beautiful, colorful jungle Age with many secrets. HELP WANTED!

Moderator: Justintime9

Re: Yinfara Concept Art and Ideas

Postby Justintime9 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:21 am

thx :)
Justintime9

Postby Jojon » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:03 am

Lontahv wrote:Today I made a simple model to show off my waterfall idea. :)
Tell me what you think JFT and Justin. :)
Hope you don't mind if I wedge a word or two in sideways, as well...
I must have missed some earlier part of Justin's descriptions, because when I see that picture, I can't stop myself from wondering where the seawater goes, after flooding that little valley. ('similar thoughts about the waterways all along, actually.)
With the earlier talk about pumps and things, the obvious guess was that maybe the "castaway" built all that stuff in order to create the swampland area (ie. it didn't use to be there), probably for agricultural use.
The first thought that maybe makes sense about the seawater basin (already lowest point), is to make the assumption that it is some sort of tidal-cycled hydro powerplant, with waterwheels or turbines at entry and drain points, or a collection device for some sort of seafood which gets trapped in the valley as the tide recedes (now the net at the drain has rotted, though).
Jojon

Postby Lontahv » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:43 pm

I don't mind at all, I just was directing the question at those to so they didn't this it was for someone else LOL. The more the merrier.
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Postby Aron » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:37 pm

Hi all,

I just found out about this site today, so I was very impressed by the concept of Yinfara. I'm an artist and have done paintings in the past of ages that I've imagined (one of which turned out to be similar to an age being developed here: http://forum.guildofwriters.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=93&p=7142#p7142 ). So anyway, I'm considering doing a painting of certain areas of Yinfara. I figured it might help everyone here visualize the age, not to mention the fact that I would just enjoy painting it.

Based on the map posted here I did a little sketch of the area I wanted to paint first: http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs22/f/2007/326/e/b/yinfara_by_aaronburr.jpg

If you want to check out the rest of my work: http://aaronburr.deviantart.com
Aron

Postby bongmaster » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:37 pm

Interesting :) i like the way some of the concepts have come out.. this is looking good..

I just joined btw. they made me do it :)
bongmaster

Previous

Return to Yinfara