Yinfara Concept Art and Ideas

A beautiful, colorful jungle Age with many secrets. HELP WANTED!

Moderator: Justintime9

Re: Age Ideas

Postby Paradox » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:03 pm

Blender is free and open source :)
Paradox

Postby Pryftan » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:07 pm

Justin: He was just saying he's going to model some of the ideas he has for Yinfara. Modelling is like what JFT did with the hut and the trees already. As to actually building this Age, it looks like we're well on our way, but my experience with this sort of informal thing is that you never know if a project is going to come to completion until it does. But it does look like we're going to be working on this one for real, if nothing else at least as a warmup for the Showcase Age.

That being said, anything you have in mind for the music of the Age? More talented modellers than I seem to be working on this, but I can always add music =)
.rilvoohee vehrehnehm vokan pam mahnshootahv rub voohee taygahnehm mahtahntahv
Pryftan

Postby Justintime9 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:20 pm

Good question, I dont have any Apicific Idea of what the music could be, but I think some people are able to create music for an age just by looking at screenshots... probably some Tranquil music... i dunno, it would definitly b kewl...
Justintime9

Postby Kierra » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:39 pm

the guitar based music that pryftan is posting in the musician's section might work quite well for this Age, actually. The sample he posed in the "show-case age" thread might match it....I can picture the build up of music just as you approach the glass hut, giving it that "oh wow!" feeling that music brings to something really neat in the age.

~Kia
Kierra

Postby Pryftan » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:16 pm

Did you get to listen to the guitar thingy to see if it'd match Aerie, Kierra? I don't know about it for a primarily outside Age.. it feels very interior to me, but that might be because I based it mostly on that one screenshot you posted of the gallery.. for Yinfara I think I'd toss together something kind of inbetween the two things I've posted thus far. Light chords, with drums and light pads instead of strings.. and then yeah, a build up might work nice for the glass hut, the chords can get heavier and intense. However I don't know if the coders can make a burst of music happen seamlessly when you get to a certain spot. It might have to be silent or just nature noises before that point..
Pryftan

Postby Justintime9 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:30 am

Hmm... well, if there is music outside, it would have to be sort of peacefull, u know wat i mean, it's a fairly tranquil age... until the storms... should there b music by the waterfall? like, some cozy music or something? hehe, i wish i had a keyboard or something i could test possible ideas out on :P o well...

Edit: O, and heres a few more pics of the orb hut. this 1st one shows how the sunlight hits it, and how big it is in porportion to a person (or, avatar)
and here, is the Interior of the hut. notice the rug on the floor, it won't be just purple and red, we'll need some design on it. u can see how the light filters into the hut, and is projected on the floor. a very spectacular sight as u can see :D and, if u can't tell, the arch thing in the middle of the picture is the doorway :D
Justintime9

Re: Yinfara Concept Art and Ideas

Postby Justintime9 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:10 pm

How goes the Modeling? I just got blender so once i learn it, i may b able to help :D lol, how come for the first few days, this thread was full of replys, and now, no one has replied all week? :?
Justintime9

Postby JulyForToday » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:21 pm

Most of the time I get to work on this sort of thing is on the weekends, and I'm in my work week, so I haven't worked on anything since the last posts I made. I've been eager to work on stuff, just don't get enough time to do it.
JulyForToday

Postby Pryftan » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:17 pm

I'm definitely nowhere near as good as JFT, but I've been messing around a little. Doing the brick wall helped me learn how to texture.

wallpicsm.jpg
wallpicsm.jpg (22.53 KiB) Viewed 7061 times

It's not in Yinfara or anything. I just placed the brick wall object in my own test Age. How far did you want the wall to go, Justin? Is the height here okay?
Pryftan

Postby Justintime9 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:18 pm

yeah, the height is perfect :D remember, Imagine the Relto waterfall between the 2 brick walls, except there'r no rocks on the edges like in relto. and on the left is a dock, like the relto dock :) ya, I'm learning blender... so far it's gotten preeeety confuzing, all the button combinations and stuff... I'll hav to re-read it again to remember it better... so hopefully in a few months I'll b able to help.
Justintime9

PreviousNext

Return to Yinfara