Yinfara Concept Art and Ideas

A beautiful, colorful jungle Age with many secrets. HELP WANTED!

Moderator: Justintime9

Re: Yinfara Concept Art and Ideas

Postby Lontahv » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:40 pm

I will help to texture! I will make textures and map them too. :) Just give me a model and a concept for the textured look and I'll do it. :) Also if any of you age builders need a file hosting website take a look at MediaFire it's free and you don't have to give out your real name or anything. :) I have an account and I've been happy with it. It's like a photobuket for all types of file/photos. :)
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Postby Justintime9 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:01 am

ok, i made some more concept art, Here's the yinfara bird I mentioned in the Journal. first of all, I admit that I'm not that good at drawing animals :P but I'm sure u get the picture
and here's a veiw of the forest, with your back to the waterfall... o, and if the trees seem bluish, and the same color as the grass... it's my scanner :P
Justintime9

Postby Lontahv » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:02 pm

I did some terrain sculpting and I have some pics to show for it. :) Image
:) :) :) the dock is modeled an textured. :)
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv

Postby Lontahv » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:05 pm

I found out too that the pond must go somewhere. :shock: I think that it should flow into a cave that you can go and explore there could also be a room/hut in the cave by th stream. :)

Note: if you want the 3D model I'll send you a link to it or if someone has trees or something they can give a link to the blend to me and I'll scatter the trees on the landscape :)
Lontahv

Postby TomahnaGuy » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:22 am

I've been up to my neck in coursework from school for the past week or so and this weekend is the first chance ive had to sit down and breathe so i'll work on those concepts today and post them later ;)

TG
TomahnaGuy

Postby 5TheStranger5 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:13 pm

Wonderful concept art, excellent use of imagery, and a good start to a great storyline for an Age....i would be willing to give my assistance with the storyline if i'm needed....let me know :)

~:|Isyeerehmah Rehbahrehltahn ~ Shehtehnehmah Rehbahrehltav|:~
~:|Rever the Maker ~ Cherish The Made|:~

~:|5TheStranger5|:~
KI # : 5TS5, 07486306 ~ {R}5TS5, 08445282
gow.jpg
gow.jpg (41.22 KiB) Viewed 6508 times
Isyeerehmah Re'bahrehltahn ~ Shetehnehmah Re'bahrehltav
Rever The Maker ~ Cherish The Made
5TheStranger5

Postby Erik » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:43 am

Reading this thread makes me all warm inside... 8-)

Excellent concept art and models... great ideas too. Can't wait to link to Yinfara for real! I really believe this Age will see the light. :)
Erik

Postby AtionSong » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:50 pm

I was planning on writing some short music sample snippets for this age. Here were the places that I though music would be appropriate. Tell me if these sound good, and I'll throw together some MIDI and post it:

- General outside ambience
- Ouside ambiance during storm
- Inside glass temple
AtionSong

Postby JulyForToday » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:17 pm

as far as music goes that seems fine. A theme for the age itself, then a darker version for the storms. One for the glass building, and maybe something for the bark/makeshift hut (since that would be a focal point too).
JulyForToday

Postby Justintime9 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:31 am

ya, that sounds great! we'll also need something at the waterfall... maybe. i dunno... anyway I like the Idea about the pond flowing somewhere, I was kinda thinking of having a cave somewhere anyway, u know, it would be a good place for our castaway to finally set sail in the end. (speaking of which, we still need to iron out the details of the storyline) hehe, I should really make some more concept sketches of these areas... I've been getting away from it, cuz i hav to scan it into my dad's computer downstairs, and then resize it, and then put it on a flashdrive, and bring it up to my PC and finnally put it on the forum. I should scan in some concepts i made...
Ok, this is a pic of the waterfall again, but I kinda changed it, instead of the water falling down the mountain thingie, it falls through the brick wall. Aparrently some... pumping device takes the water from the lake, and up the brick wall. then the pond is a small stream of water, at the end of the main pond, but be carefull, we can't make the Stream of water Distract from the dirt path leading to all the areas of the island. Image
here's the waterfall's new model. i didn't put the stream in on this picture tho. (i made it a few days ago, before i read this)
Justintime9

PreviousNext

Return to Yinfara