Yinfara Concept Art and Ideas

A beautiful, colorful jungle Age with many secrets. HELP WANTED!

Moderator: Justintime9

Yinfara Concept Art and Ideas

Postby Justintime9 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:13 am

Shorah! I wanted to post this in General Discussion but for some reason it wouldn't let me.. but anyway, I have an Age i thought up, and created a buch of concept art, and i know exactly how it'll look, should I post a description, and pics here, or is it still to early to post stuff like that?
Justintime9

Re: Age Ideas

Postby JulyForToday » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:26 am

Go ahead and post them! Don't be shy. Just be cautious to make sure it's something your willing to let have a life of it's own (that's what happens when you involve other people).
JulyForToday

Postby Justintime9 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:22 am

OK, :) I kinda had an Idea for a new age, and me and my friend Kyashii kind of discussed possible Ideas (he's also really good at comming up with age names, so he came up with the name Yinfara) and he helped me envision the age, so don't think I came up with all of this, not all the credit goes to me :). after that I started Yinfara as a journal of my explorations of the age, and a descriptive journal, like Atrus's in MYST. well, this age is called Yinfara, and The link in spot is a Hut, with a lightning rod... u see, there's ALOT of storms here, so in the journal i rote, I explained how I built the hut, in order to keep safe from lightning.(my drawings arent the best, but I'm sure youll b able to understand them) Image
The hut is made of Yinfara tree bark, which is naturally green, it doesn't get any darker. The leaves are Multicolored, and fairly thin, so that when sunlight or lightning shines through them it casts a briliant projection of colors on the Forest floor.
this is a Pic of the general size and shape of the leaves.
this, is a textured pic, of what a yinfara tree would look like without it's leaves.
here's the same thing WITH leaves (Xept the next pic kinda depicts it better)
Here's a sketch of it.
Now, you see, there's a type of bird on yinfara, that builds it's nest out of sand, and lol, it often get's struck by lightning, and causes a type of natural glass. here's a pic of what it looks like when it's all polished off, some of the leaf is trapped in the glass, so that when light shines through it, it projects multicolored lights.
and, someone actually built a house out of these, it looks reely kewl when the sun shines through it :D
so... twards one side of it is a nice cozy waterfall, which kinda looks like the relto one, but it has a little dock, and a brick wall seperating it from the edge of the island.
here's a kind of map of the Island:
After some problems arose, I decided to create retractable lightning rods throughout the island. the control pannel is located in the Link in Hut.
Here's a few more veiws of the link in hut, first, the general size of the hut
and last of all, here's just a little veiw of the inside of the hut (although it isn't too much of a help)
so... wat do u think? i know it still needs work... but i'm sure it should be a pretty good age to make. If you have any questions about the age, pleese ask. :D
Last edited by Justintime9 on Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Justintime9

Re: Yinfara

Postby James L » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:07 am

Beautiful and well worked out. The colours are stunning. I was just wondering if you had been able to conjure up any form of interesting storyline, or at least history, at some point?
James Leslie, Guild of Writers
And so, I close, realising that perhaps the ending has not yet been written.
- Atrus
James L

Postby Justintime9 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:12 am

well... not so far... but I believe there was some kind of Native group of people who built that house out of the glass orb thingies... there's some puzzle that can be devised with the lightning rods, and control pannel i'm sure. but, i'm gonna see where this can go... the Waterfall area kind of reminds me of a delin kind of atmosphere.. mostly covered with trees with some sunlight shining ont he pond. the perfect place to hang out.
Justintime9

Postby James L » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:20 am

Actually, the waterfall area reminds me of Selenitic with that brick wall. In fact, I already feel like going there myself :D
James Leslie, Guild of Writers
And so, I close, realising that perhaps the ending has not yet been written.
- Atrus
James L

Postby Justintime9 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:24 am

hehe, ya, yinfara was Inspired by a number of ages... lets see, well, Myst Island for sure... noloben and maybe Teledahn :) let's hope someday we'll see this in URU :D
Justintime9

Postby Kato » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:50 am

Very cool, Justin! I like the way you use colors.

I think this Age can definitely be something!

-Kato
(explorer card designed and created by me)
Kato

Postby BAD » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:00 am

Great idea!

I really like the concept of the leaves. :D
BAD is as good as he gets
BAD

Postby Justintime9 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:14 am

It's great to see u guys like it... any Idea when we'll actually start making ages? now that we got this forum, that's the 1st step...
Justintime9

Next

Return to Yinfara