Yinfara goes public

A beautiful, colorful jungle Age with many secrets. HELP WANTED!

Moderator: Justintime9

Re: Yinfara goes public

Postby Justintime9 » Fri May 07, 2010 12:13 pm

Awesome. Here's my critique.

First of all, I love the second island, it is a good addition to the age. Once the village is there it will look even awesomer. In terms of trees, it seems a little less like a forest because there are less trees and they are all the same size. Although, that could be because that's the island that they got their wood from, so a lot of the trees were cut down (in that case we'll have to add some stumps). Perhaps if we just add a few different sized/shaped trees there it will look better in that respect.

Second of all, as you've mentioned, the texturing isn't quite right. The textures themselves look perfect (especially the sand one on island 2), however they aren't detailed enough and that can take away a lot of realism. On that note, why is the texturing on island one different? I thought it was perfect before. Was there some reason that had to be done to get things to work?

The water is almost perfect, the reflection is pretty good.

Love the different tree type, it's good to have variety. On that note, I think adding all different kinds of vegetation throughout the age will make it look much more realistic.

The sky looks cool that it moves, but the stretched spots kind of put a damper on it's awesomeness (and I'm sure we can fix that pretty easily). Also, the ripples seem a bit too white.

Other than that it's an awesome addition, of course it still needs a lot of work, but that will come in time. One last question though, why is there a third glass hut on the second island?
Justintime9

Postby dendwaler » Fri May 07, 2010 1:46 pm

My goal was first to only make a second isle.
I did not have much more then a week to work on it with lots of starting troubles due to the different linked objects and the special pyprp version.
An Isle without an object is not worth looking at, so i started to copy a tree group and added a glass hut with no other reason.
Maybe that is not in your story, then delete it , it is just for "filling " at the moment.
I have not read the yinfara thread yet , that takes me lots of time (english is not my best language).
(I don't even know the story, your plans with it, or history.)
Can you tell me what is different on Island 1? i have not altered it so there might be something with the different approch with the customized PyPRP.
I will install the old file again to see what the difference might be.
I have reduced the texture size but you should not notice that. It did not loose detail.
the old ones can be put back, but they are really big. Over 1MB each as i remember good.
I reduced it, because with a second isle i am afraid it will lead to performance loss.

The other tree I modelled is a try out, because i also wanted to have more variety, i also tried a texture of bushes somewhere.
The texture of the moss is set very "soft" you can look through it. i like it more, its a matter of taste.
I think i succeeded quite good in getting the lightmap right.
The hills have the dark side on the right spot, with a little bit of shadow from the trees.
The ripple, is just a ripple texture i drawed in a few seconds. it is to white and it is to dense even it is to large it must have more transparent pixels on the outside
While moving you get distorsions (crosses) now.

Lots can be made better, but i first had to know what you think from the sizes of the totall age as it is now and you have an impression of the shape.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby dendwaler » Sat May 08, 2010 12:08 am

I reinstalled the original yinfara.
The texturing from Isle_1 definitely looks better .
I must have been overlooking something while converting it .
I have to look deeper into this, it will take some time but will find it.

Edit: I won't post the blend file before this issue is solved in it.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Justintime9 » Sat May 08, 2010 4:20 am

Awesome, glad you see the problem :)
Justintime9

Postby dendwaler » Mon May 10, 2010 11:02 am

Here is the last update before my holiday.
I expect Isle 1 is now exactly as the original Yinfara.
If not the same let me know.
I did not have time to work further on the trees of Isle 2 yet.
Here is a link for the download .

http://rapidshare.com/files/385738650/YinfaraV2.1.zip

dendwaler

Postby Justintime9 » Tue May 11, 2010 2:25 pm

Awesome, that's much better. Is it just me, or is the sky not changing as much (other than to red)? Anyway, have a good holiday, and before you go would you mind posting the updated blendfile (and preferably the plugin you used)? Thx :)
Justintime9

Postby dendwaler » Wed May 12, 2010 1:22 pm

sorry, but i am already on my way to france.
This time I imported the new objects, and the altered objects. into the old blendfile and used lontahv pyprp again.
Sorry but you shall have to wait until i am back again.

dendwaler

Postby Justintime9 » Wed May 12, 2010 2:30 pm

Ok, I'm in no hurry. Have a great trip!
Justintime9

Previous

Return to Yinfara