Yinfara goes public

A beautiful, colorful jungle Age with many secrets. HELP WANTED!

Moderator: Justintime9

Re: Yinfara goes public

Postby Justintime9 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:36 am

awesome, can't wait to see what you come up with :)
about the sky, we probably can't finish that for good yet either; it will be very complicated due to frequent thunder storms, and multiple suns. (Think eder Kemo)
Justintime9

Postby Jadawin12 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:12 am

Congrats! Your project really seems to be moving forward!
Thelonius "Prof" Higginsbottom
KI: 01632887
Jadawin12

Postby Justintime9 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:01 pm

Thanks Jadawin, feel free to jump in to the discussion if you have any ideas, we can use all the help we can get :)
Justintime9

Postby dendwaler » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:37 am

I added a second Isle, but i have problems with exporting the textures of the second isle, using Lontahvs PyPRP version.
(edit: It seems like it does not use the map input sizing factors for higher layers.)
The textures are ok, when exporting using the latest PyPRP version.
But the latest 1.6 does not export Lontahv's trees.

Which version of Blender have to be used? and in what way do i have to install the extra features integrated in Lontahv's personal/customized PyPRP version?

Here is a view from the second Isle towards Yinfara with the failed texture export.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby dendwaler » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:12 am

thx justin,
But i already got it to work.
My problem is that the plugin from lontahv seems not to support all the features from blender as for example the sizing value in the map input.
That implies, that the scaling has to be done in the uv mapping itself.
That is not a problem to do , but then i have to make a new uvtex for every layer in case of multiple texture paintings.
If sizing is available i can reuse the same uv map for multiple materials, which is easier and gives the same endresult.
That is why i prefer PyPRP 1.6
the picture i posted is made using lontahv plugin, otherwise the trees would be black.
When i use PyPRP 1.6 the new island is with good sharp textures but with black trees.
But i wil find a solution, it only takes a little longer.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Justintime9 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:55 pm

ah, ok well good luck with that. Preferably someone could use the features in Lontahv's pluggin in the current one, therefore making it up to date and work. Not sure would would/could do this though...
Justintime9

Postby Paradox » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:15 pm

The trees are made with ClusterGroups, which only exist in Lontahv's contrib. Due to how unpredictable they are and how difficult it is to get them working properly, they probably won't be merged to trunk in the near future (if at all).
Paradox

Postby Justintime9 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:21 pm

I see... well is it possible for someone to make a special pluggin just for this project? I know it's a lot of work, and I'm sure we could get along without it, but it would help.
Justintime9

Postby dendwaler » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:25 pm

thx paradox, maybe i change it totally then.
I will try to do it in way, that it will look as good as it is now.
This has to be done i think, because when more writers are willing to contribute,
its better when not everyone will run into the same problems and can use the standard approach and installation.

dendwaler

Postby dendwaler » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:22 am

well, i have read some threads about these cluster groups, but don't want to go to deep in it.
When it will not be supported in the next PyPRP's then it makes no sense for me to study about the in's and outs.
and i can't handle them, with my current knowledge.
I have tried to "uncluster"it.
Partly i succeeded, but even this is a long way to go.
I am doubting,because a remodelling might be much quicker to do and then at least i know what i am doing.
What do you think, is it worth the effort?
Shall i start to remodel? or leave it for what it is.
any suggestions?

dendwaler

PreviousNext

Return to Yinfara